Silky sweetness and fresh lemon tart flavor make a deliciously simple lemon glaze for muffins, breads and your mouth (trust me, you won’t be able to resist). Plus, recipes to use your lemon glaze on!
Truly Tart & Succulently Sweet Lemon Glaze For Muffins… And Anything Else You’d Like.
The very first time I made this lemon glaze, I thought, “What else can I put this on?” Perhaps muffins… or cake, or peaches? Maybe I should just drizzle it right into my mouth. That’s how good this lemon glaze for muffins is. But remember, you can glaze anything and everything you’d like. (Including your tongue.)
Yep, Just 2 Ingredients For The Best Lemon Glaze
Lemon glaze is one of the simplest sweet treats for adding an extra oomph to your desserts. With just 2 ingredients, you’re on your way to glazing and dazzling the heck out of your guests.
- 1st ingredient: confectioners’ sugar
- 2nd ingredient: fresh-squeezed lemon juice
How to Make Lemon Glaze
Think the ingredients list for lemon glaze is short and easy? Wait ‘til you see how easy it is to make.
First, simply bake and cool any baked goods you’d like to glaze.
Then, start the glaze by adding confectioners’ sugar to a small bowl.
Next, begin adding fresh lemon juice by small increments (about ½ teaspoon) into the bowl. You’ll start with just ½ teaspoon first.
Using a whisk, whisk the lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar together. It’ll be quite thick.
Now, add in another ½ teaspoon. Whisk again.
You’ll want to keep doing this fairly slowly as the confectioners’ sugar takes time to dissolve. If you add the lemon juice too quickly, the glaze will seem falsely thick—it’s actually on its way to liquefying past the point of a nice, thick glaze.
Once you’re satisfied with the texture of your lemon glaze, drizzle over your desired baked goods. Allow to firm up and enjoy!
How’s About Some Blueberry Muffins With Lemon Glaze?
Here, I’ve gathered my very favorite blueberry muffins to top your homemade lemon glaze on. Check out each delicious recipe:
- Oat Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins
Recipes That Are Great to Use Your Lemon Glaze On!
If I could, I would put this glaze on everything—anyone want a lemon glazed pumpkin? 😉 This lemon glaze is for muffins, breads and so much more.
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins
- Strawberry Lemon Muffins
- Irresistibly Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Vegan Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Bread
- Lemon Coconut Macaroons
- Vegan Soft Baked Lemon Donuts
- Lemon Blackberry Muffins
- Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (Gluten Free)
You’re Simply the Zest!
Truly. Thank you for stopping by and sharing in these sweet kitchen moments with me and your loved ones. Every time you try a Beaming Baker recipe, be sure to take a pic and share it on Instagram using @beamingbaker and #beamingbaker so we can all see your hard work. 🙂 ‘Til our next adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🍋 📸 🍋Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.