The best Vegan Brussels sprouts recipe: cooked until tender on the inside, crisp and lightly charred on the outside, seasoned to perfection.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly grease.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and pat dry with a towel. Trim off the ends, then slice each Brussels sprout in half.
- Add Brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil, nutritional yeast, ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Use more or less salt as desired. Toss Brussels sprouts thoroughly, until well coated.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to the prepared baking sheet, making sure to spread sprouts into an even layer. Remove any stray Brussels sprouts leaves as they’ll burn if baked for the entire duration of the cook time. You’ll add these in later.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir and flip so everything is evenly baked. Add in the loose leaves you picked out earlier.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes (mine took 18 minutes), being careful not to deeply char too many of the Brussels sprouts.
- Total bake time: 30-35 minutes for tender, crisp texture. If you like it softer on the inside and more charred on the outside, go ahead and tack on an additional 5 minutes. Mine took a total of 33 minutes.
- Once cool enough to safely test, add salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
Storing Instructions: Best served immediately. If needed, cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-3 days.
How to make Vegan: This recipe is naturally vegan.
How to make Gluten Free: This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 33 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American