Tender, scrumptious cinnamon streusel muffins topped with sweet, crumbly streusel, cinnamon goodness, and delicious brown sugar!
Buttery Sweet Streusel Topping, Tender Crumb for the Best Cinnamon Streusel Muffins!
What’s that now? You were waiting for *just* the perfect muffin recipe to turn up so you could get your baking toys out?
Well, I’ve got just the thing you’ve been waiting for: tender, cinnamon sweet, buttery streusel-topped Cinnamon Streusel Muffins! Take one bite of these muffins and sigh in blissful happiness. THE fall baked good has arrived.
Simple Pantry Ingredients to Make Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
My favorite cinnamon streusel muffins are made with two easy components: sweet ‘n crumbly streusel topping and tender cinnamon muffins.
For the streusel:
- Follow this recipe for streusel topping which includes:
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
For the cinnamon streusel muffins:
- All purpose flour or oat flour
- Almond flour
- Cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Milk, water, lemon juice
- Vanilla + salt
How to Make Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
Tender, cinnamon sweet, and perfectly spiced: cinnamon streusel muffins boast a deliciously buttery and sweet streusel topping.
- First, make 1 batch of streusel topping.
- Then, hop on over to the oven and preheat it to 350°F.
- Next, add all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk it together very well.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined, then fold in pecans.
- Pour muffin batter into a lined muffin pan. I prefer using a large scoop to easily drop uniform amounts of batter into each cup.
- Grab the bowl of streusel you prepared earlier and sprinkle over the muffin batter. I like to gently press the streusel into the batter to ensure it sticks throughout baking.
- Bake, then enjoy the best cinnamon streusel muffins!
How Do I Make the Topping For Cinnamon Streusel Muffins?
Once you learn how to make this streusel topping, you’ll be tempted to put it on anything and everything. Seriously. Click over to this post for streusel topping to see step-by-step photos.
Prepare the streusel first:
The streusel will sit safe and sound on the counter—there’s no rush here. Just make sure to make it first so you’re not caught scrambling once your muffin batter is ready.
Make sure to warm the water and milk:
Skipping this step will result in hardened butter “chips” in your batter.
Try not to over-mix your muffin batter:
It can be hard to resist mixing your muffin batter “thoroughly,” but over doing it will result in tough-not-tender cinnamon streusel muffins.
Don’t add any additional liquids to your muffin batter:
It will look almost too thick—but this is how it’s meant to look.
Do shape your muffin batter:
It will bake up very much how it looks raw, so take the time to shape the tops into beautiful domes.
Mouthwatering Muffin Recipes
- Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan)
- Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Tools You Need
We’re A Batch Baked in Heaven
You, me, Erik, and the rest of our loved ones are gonna have soooo much fun making and eating these yummy cinnamon streusel muffins!! I truly can’t wait to hear what y’all think. Be sure to leave a comment below to let me know your thoughts. ‘Til our next baked adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🍁 📸 🍂Print
Fall Recipes You’ll Love 🍂
- Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Granola with Flax Seed
- Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread
A little personal… ☀️
So Erik and I started working on our backyard! We’ve never had one before (blame apartment living), so we’re not sure where to start… the furniture, the landscaping, the lawn toys (!). Just start somewhere, right?
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.