Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for soft, decadent chocolate cookies packed with chocolate chips. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- For topping: 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until the mixture is thoroughly combined and resembles caramel.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until you get a sticky and thoroughly combined ball of soft dough. The last few stirs will be a bit tough. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature—this allows the dry mixture to absorb the wet mixture and become more cohesive.*
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc of desired thickness—they won’t spread much during baking. Press chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-14 minutes. Mine took 10 minutes. Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– *You can skip this step, but the dough may be too sticky to flatten with a fork. Also, the cookies are less likely to have that great texture on top.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
– More cookie recipes (all V+GF): peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal, trail mix, and pumpkin chocolate chip (paleo).
– More chocolate recipes: double chocolate pecan brownies, paleo almond joy, and chocolate PB rice crispy treats.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.