Vegan Energy Balls: just 3 ingredients for easy vegan energy balls that are soft, satisfying and delicious. Made with healthy, simple ingredients.
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted (heaping ½ cup, packed)*
- ½ cup unsalted, natural nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 1 ½ cups unsalted nuts, divided (I used unsalted, roasted pecan halves)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add dates and nut butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive, sticky and crumbly mixture, like chunks of wet sand. This will take about a minute. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Add in 1 cup nuts, vanilla and salt. Blend until the nuts are fully-incorporated and you get a soft, crumbly mixture. It’s ready when you can pinch the mixture between your fingers and it holds together.
- Add in remaining ½ cup nuts. Pulse just a few times until incorporated and nuts are chopped, with medium-small pieces still visible.
- Pour this mixture into a medium bowl. Press down on the mixture until it’s tightly-packed and resembles dough.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into your hands. Roll and press into balls. I made 15 bites. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Simple ‘n Easy Energy Balls
Unsalted Natural Creamy Almond ButterBuy Now →
What Food Processor do I use? My go-to food processor for nearly every recipe can be found here. This guy works for everything from making nut butter to homemade ice cream, no bake recipes and more.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
Refrigerator Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan energy balls