Just 4 ingredients for delicious, protein-packed healthy Almond Butter Balls—paleo recipe! These no bake energy balls are bursting with chocolate, vegan, gluten-free & dairy-free!
These healthy almond butter balls are simply delicious–and surprisingly healthy. Check out this super easy to make no bake energy balls recipe and enjoy. 🙂
I’m always on the lookout for the perfect easy snack—few ingredients, protein-rich, healthy, portable (aka easy to throw in my backpack), and super easy to make.
And… if that easy healthy snack just so happens to taste like dessert, well, I’ve done my job, can go home, eat all said healthy snacks, then take a nap go for a nice, long jog because I’ve got the energy for it! 😉
No Bake Healthy Almond Butter Chocolate Balls
If you’re looking for everything I just mentioned in your perfect healthy snack, you’ll be so pleased to meet my new paleo energy balls treat: 4 Ingredient Healthy Almond Butter Chocolate Balls Recipe!
These paleo energy balls are made with so few ingredients, some might find themselves checking the ingredients list again and again (just to make sure). They’re vegan, paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free and made with healthy ingredients.
Bonus? These healthy almond butter balls taste like your favorite chocolate almond butter dessert—decadent, rich, nutty, oh-so-chocolatey. Enjoy! And, tbh, they kinda taste like my favorite easy paleo dessert: these No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars.
4 Ingredient Chocolate Almond Butter Balls: Paleo Recipe!
- Ingredient 1: Natural, creamy almond butter or homemade almond butter
- Ingredient 2: pure maple syrup
- Ingredient 3: coconut flour
- Ingredient 4: raw cacao powder (for paleo) or unsweetened cocoa powder
Substitution Notes for Healthy Almond Butter Balls
Natural, Creamy Almond Butter: try swapping the almond butter in these healthy almond butter balls with peanut butter, sunflower seed butter or cashew butter.
Pure Maple Syrup: try using agave syrup, brown rice syrup or your favorite liquid sweetener. Just proceed with caution, as different sweeteners have different levels of sweetness, taste, and thickness. A more watery sweetener might need to be decreased for the recipe. 🙂
Coconut Flour: there is no direct substitute for coconut flour in most recipes. Fortunately, my healthy almond butter chocolate balls is fairly flexible. Try swapping the coconut flour with gluten free oat flour or almond flour. Just keep in mind, coconut flour is most absorbent, oat flour is medium absorbent, and almond flour is least absorbent of wet ingredients. So you’ll need more oat flour or even more almond flour if subbing.
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: try raw cacao powder instead.
>>Related Recipes: No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Balls | Keto Fat Bombs Recipe—Chocolate Almond Butter | Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
Tools for Healthy Almond Butter Balls (Paleo Recipe)
Wondering what tools & ingredients I used to make these almond butter chocolate balls? Click on the links below for the exact ones!
- Coconut Flour: the key ingredient to creating grain free, flourless paleo almond butter balls. I love using this ingredient, cautiously. Lol!
- Pure Maple Syrup: such a delightful flavor and wonderful way to keep this healthy almond butter balls recipe refined sugar free.
- Cookie Scoops: I switch off between using this medium cookie scoop and small cookie scoop. They’re both great for helping to scoop out consistent portions of energy ball mixture–and they make the entire process so much quicker and easier.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Flour | Natural Almond Butter | Pure Maple Syrup
- Recommended Tools: Medium Cookie Scoop | Small Cookie Scoop
I hope you enjoy my healthy almond butter chocolate balls recipe! Let me know if you try it in the comments below. You know I love hearing from you. As always, it’s been a pleasure sharing in these kitchen adventures with you. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
Click below to Pin
Gluten Free Vegan No Bake Energy Balls & Bites!
No bake energy balls fans unite! 😉 I’ve gathered my favorite healthy almond butter balls (paleo recipes), chocolate protein balls and more. Enjoy!
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites Recipe (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Almond Butter Paleo Energy Balls (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Oatmeal Cups
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Healthy No Sugar Added Paleo Energy Balls (Fruit-Sweetened, V, GF)
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Keto Energy Balls Recipe (Low Carb, Vegan)
- Paleo Granola Bars! Homemade Paleo Granola Bars Recipe (Grain Free)
Paleo Energy Balls: just 4 ingredients for delicious, protein-packed healthy Almond Butter Balls—paleo recipe! These no bake energy balls are bursting with chocolate, vegan, gluten-free & dairy-free!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this sheet. Set aside at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, add almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour and cacao powder. Whisk as long as you can. When the mixture gets harder to stir, use a rubber spatula to fold until well incorporated. Fold until thickened.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop almond butter balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Here are the small and medium cookie scoops I use.
- Transfer to the freezer to chill for 20-30 minutes, until somewhat firm.* Remove from freezer and roll into balls, or enjoy as is! Storing instructions below.
Healthy Energy Bites & Paleo Recipes You’ll Love
*Bites will become firmer and less moist the next day.
Storing Notes: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 1-3 weeks. Bites will become drier, but are still tasty in the 3rd week.
Freezing Instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Firm, but soft enough to eat straight out of the freezer.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.