Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles (V+GF): a 6 ingredient, plant-based recipe for rich, creamy chocolate-drizzled peanut butter banana popsicles. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Make the popsicles: Add bananas and almond milk into blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary. Add peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons each of cocoa powder, coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth and shiny, like melted chocolate.
- Pour this mixture into the blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour into popsicle mold, leaving about 1/4 inch of space for the mixture to expand in the freezer. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Clear space in the freezer for this sheet.
- If needed, allow popsicles to thaw for a few minutes. Optionally, run popsicle mold under a bit of lukewarm water, to loosen the bars. Place the popsicle mold on a flat surface and wiggle the popsicles out.
- Lay the popsicles evenly spaced apart on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour to firm up popsicles.
- Make the chocolate drizzle: When the popsicles are firm, it’s time to start making the drizzle. In a small bowl, whisk together the chocolate drizzle ingredients: 2 tablespoons each of cocoa powder, coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk until thickened and smooth, like melted chocolate. Remove baking sheet from the freezer. Using a small spoon, drizzle chocolate mixture over popsicles. Place baking sheet back into the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Enjoy!
– Wrap individual popsicles in wax paper or parchment. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.
– Adapted from my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.
– More peanut butter love recipes (all v, gf, df): PB chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, no bake peanut butter coconut bites.
– Plant-based, allergy-friendly frozen treats (all v, gf, df): ice cream bars, nice cream, blueberry popsicles, strawberry popsicles, milkshakes.
- Category: Popsicles, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Dessert