Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles (V+GF): a 6 ingredient plant-based recipe for rich, creamy chocolate-drizzled peanut butter banana popsicles. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
“You are my friends.”
Four of the sweetest words I’ve heard in my life. Lately, my nearly three year-old nephew has been calling Erik and I his friends. If you can’t tell, I’m grinning like a HUGE dork right now. A very happy dork, at that.
It’s just, when the little ones come into your life, you start looking at things so differently. And it’s not just because of all the super adorable miniaturized items that they need. I mean, don’t even get me started on the tiny toothbrushes, the mini shoes, the even mini-er socks, or the monster-shaped EVERYTHING.
When you see the world through a child’s eyes, everything is so wonderful and new. I had kinda forgotten how amazing the world was until I saw it through Dylan’s eyes. The trees are bigger, the wind is softer, the little things are shinier. Dylan, or “PB” as his mama calls him, has been more than just a bundle of joy. He’s been a reminder to enjoy life again.
Our family went through a bit of a rough patch a few years back. Every day became a meditation in gloominess. We were all stuck in a rut, when he finally came along. But each day, he’s reminded us of the good things in the world, and how it’s filled with so much happiness.
This month, PB turns three. And we’re gonna be celebrating his birthday along with his mama’s. Yep, they were born in the same month. I can’t disclose whether or not this was planned. Ahem. 😉
Happy birthday to the most adorable, wonderful and loving mini human being. In honor of his awesomeness, I whipped up chocolate-drizzled Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles. For PB, a peanut butter popsicle. 😉 This recipe is based off of my popular chocolate peanut butter banana popsicle and smoothie recipes. And just in case you were craving ice cream instead of popsicles, you’ve got to check out Go Dairy Free’s Fudgesicle Power Ice Cream! Looks sooo good, right?
Anyway, back to what I was saying… . So naturally you’re thinking, “PB” must stand for peanut butter, right? It only makes sense. Well, my friend, our family is not known for always adhering to Making Sense guidelines. In fact, we shirk them! PB actually stands for Pooh Bear. Because… uh… well, my sister’s (his mom’s) favorite animal are monkeys. Um…. See what I mean?
Moving on! The other day, my sister texts all of us at 4 in the morning. Mom hours, right? We have a daily group sister chat that can sometimes exceed 150 texts in one day. Fun times. Anyway, she’s happy as a clam (at 4am, what the??). She tells us that lately, she’s been singing Hush, Little Baby to PB.
So at first, everything started out as you’d expect. Jenny sang, “Hush, little baby, don’t say a word. Mama’s gonna buy you a mocking bird.” No comments from PB, just apt listening. Okay, maybe there were also requests for popsicles and three different Rescue Bots.
But at 3am that morning, he starts fussing. He’s squirming about, asking her to sing to him. She starts singing, “Hush little baby, don’t say a word. Mama’s gonna buy you a rocking horse.”
PB: “No, helicopter Transformer.”
Jenny: “Hush little baby, don’t say a word, Mama’s gonna buy you a helicopter Transformer.”
PB: “Blades!!” (The helicopter Transformer’s name. Obviously.) 😉
Jenny: “Hush little baby, don’t say a word, Mama’s gonna buy you a helicopter Transformer Blades.”
PB: “Blades. Rescue Bot!”
Jenny: “Hush little baby, don’t say a word, Mama’s gonna buy you a helicopter Transformer Blades Rescue Bot.”
PB: “Blades, Rescue Bot, Bumble Bee, Buildozer!!!” (No actual character named Buildozer in Rescue Bots. PB just got confused because Boulder turns into a bulldozer. Look at that, he’s following the Making Sense guidelines… don’t know where he got that from!)
Jenny, now gasping for air to sing the entire line in one breath, sings “Hush little baby, don’t say a word, Mama’s gonna buy you a helicopter Transformer Blades Rescue Bot Bumble Bee Buildozer!”
And so on it went, getting more and more elaborate, and AWESOME. That’s love for you: singing Transformers-edited lullabies at 3am in the morning, feeling your heart flutter, and knowing that this is what life is about. <3
For the rest of the day, all of us had silly grins on our faces, thinking about that miniature clever sir of ours. Happy birthday to PB, thank you for making all of us so happy.
Let’s toast with some frozen dessert YUM! Check it out, these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles are:
- rich, creamy and satisfying
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- made with just 6 ingredients
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- packed with delicious chocolate and peanut butter flavor
- simple and easy to make
- wonderfully protein-rich
- perfect for Transformers Rescue Bot fans
Enjoy these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles all by yourself with a book, or during a family night (with a side of vegan pizza and maybe an entire batch of these). Here’s to enjoying life and making each other smile. Every day.
☀︎ ☀︎ ☀︎
On a wonderful side note, I had the pleasure of guest posting at my friend Bobbi’s blog, Bam’s Kitchen. Whenever you get the chance, do go check out her incredible site. It’s full of healthy world cuisine recipes, as well as amazingly vegan and gluten free recipes. On a personal note, Bobbi is a sweetheart. She’s kind, thoughtful and considerate. I can’t say enough good things about her. So go check her site out! You’ll be so happy you did. 🙂
Here are a few of my favorites from Bam’s Kitchen: Wholly Guacamole Pizza Pizzazz (vegan, gluten free), Gluten-Free Cardamom Banana Pancakes (sub honey with maple syrup to make vegan), and Vegan Curried Rice.
And while I’m here, I’m super excited to share this deliciously simple No Churn Dairy-Free Ice Cream recipe from my friend Brianna at Flippin’ Delicious! Simply swap the honey for maple syrup to make it vegan. Enjoy!
☀︎ ☀︎ ☀︎
☀︎ Did you make this recipe? Take a pic and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #beamingbaker and/or by tagging @beamingbaker. I would love to see it! ☀︎Print
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Yield: 10-12 popsicles 1x
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles (V+GF): a 6 ingredient, plant-based recipe for rich, creamy chocolate-drizzled peanut butter banana popsicles. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Make the popsicles: Add bananas and almond milk into blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary. Add peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons each of cocoa powder, coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth and shiny, like melted chocolate.
- Pour this mixture into the blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour into popsicle mold, leaving about 1/4 inch of space for the mixture to expand in the freezer. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Clear space in the freezer for this sheet.
- If needed, allow popsicles to thaw for a few minutes. Optionally, run popsicle mold under a bit of lukewarm water, to loosen the bars. Place the popsicle mold on a flat surface and wiggle the popsicles out.
- Lay the popsicles evenly spaced apart on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour to firm up popsicles.
- Make the chocolate drizzle: When the popsicles are firm, it’s time to start making the drizzle. In a small bowl, whisk together the chocolate drizzle ingredients: 2 tablespoons each of cocoa powder, coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk until thickened and smooth, like melted chocolate. Remove baking sheet from the freezer. Using a small spoon, drizzle chocolate mixture over popsicles. Place baking sheet back into the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Enjoy!
– Wrap individual popsicles in wax paper or parchment. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.
– Adapted from my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.
– More peanut butter love recipes (all v, gf, df): PB chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, no bake peanut butter coconut bites.
– Plant-based, allergy-friendly frozen treats (all v, gf, df): ice cream bars, nice cream, blueberry popsicles, strawberry popsicles, milkshakes.
- Category: Popsicles, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Dessert
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
Who said vegan and gluten free couldn’t taste THIS good? Try my favorite recipe of all time: Vegan Ice Cream Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free). Yup, FAVORITE. ❤️
The brownies you’ve been waiting for. Gluten Free Vegan Brownies (V, GF, Dairy Free).
Big fan of peanut butter and coconut? Try my deliciously simple Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free).
What makes you smile?
I can’t wait to hear your responses.
Making these with coconut milk for my diary & almond free husband. ..Hoping they turn out as good as they look in the photos.
Demeter | Beaming Baker says
Hi Marcy! Drinking coconut milk should work just fine. 🙂 Can’t wait to hear what you think!
Making these for my diary free / almond free husband for Fathers Day. I’ll be using coconut milk. Hoping it works! ..
Happy birthday to PB! These popsicles sound like the perfect summer treat, yum!
Demeter | Beaming Baker says
Thanks Miranda! 🙂 These popsicles are all you pretty much need this summer 😉
My birthday wishes and hugs to the little one. So nice to have around us. They gives a different and better perspective of life. I have my lil one’s birthday around. He has huge plans and we are in the planning stage. Iam in a confused state. Need to figure out the plan soon.
Popsicle looks creamy, delicious, Summer treat. Popsicle shows how great you are enjoying the summer.
Demeter | Beaming Baker says
Thank you for the birthday wishes. Sending you much luck and creative vibes for planning your little one’s birthday. Try not to worry too much and just have fun! 🙂 Thank you for stopping by, Smitha. xo