Healthy Chocolate Granola: the tastiest healthy chocolate granola recipe—big, chunky granola clusters covered in rich chocolate goodness. Healthy, whole ingredients.
Healthy Chocolate Granola
- 1 ½ cups nuts, roughly chopped (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips or large coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons finely ground, blanched almond flour*
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold until clusters form and it’s very well-mixed.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Using the spatula, gently nudge granola into an even layer. Separate granola into small piles to create clusters. Make space between clusters to allow for air to flow through and crisp up the granola.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, gently flip granola, making sure to keep clusters intact. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until edges are a deep golden brown and granola is just slightly soft. Mine took a total of 27 minutes. Granola will crisp up while cooling.
- Pour granola into a large mixing bowl. Add chocolate chips. Gently and thoroughly fold granola until well-mixed—until chocolate melts and “glues” the clusters together.
- Pour granola back onto the baking sheet. Allow to cool until chocolate sets (solidifies), about 30 minutes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Healthy Granola Recipes
*You may substitute this with unblanched almond meal.
Storing Instructions: Store for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months in the freezer. Thaw for about 15 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy chocolate granola recipe