No Bake Almond Butter Coconut Bites (V+GF): Nutty, lightly sweet and satisfying energy bites made from just 6 simple ingredients. Vegan and Gluten Free.
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup finely chopped almonds or other gluten-free, vegan add-ins (chocolate chips, raisins, etc.)
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted almond butter (mine is very liquidy)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients: coconut, oats, flax and almonds. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: almond butter and maple syrup.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture. Using a sturdy spatula, fold together until well incorporated.
- Scoop mixture into your hands. Roll and press into bites. If the mixture is a little dry, add in a little more almond butter or maple syrup. Enjoy!
– Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. If you like them firm, you can store them in the fridge.
– These also keep well in the freezer for up to a month.
– Adapted from my No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free).