this 4 ingredient peanut butter energy bars recipe is quick ‘n easy and yields the best energy bars that taste like peanut butter cookies!
PEANUT BUTTER! There, all of your (at least edible) problems just melted away. Why is it that peanut butter seems to fix all of life’s problems? Or at least the most edible of life’s problems? I don’t even know what that means, but let’s go with it.
Peanut butter just seems to be one of those things that comforts you, is there for you, and best of all, gives you the energy you need to get through just about anything (or at least not be hangry while doing it all).
Today’s peanut butter energy bars is one more recipe that you can add to your Easy No Bake Snacks list. They just happen to be the best energy bars ever—which is prob why they’re so good at problem-solving. 😉
Are you ready to see what the fuss is all about? Let’s no bake this!
How to Make Energy Bars
Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside for later.
Blend Dates & PB
Add dates and peanut butter to the bin of a food processor. Blend until you get to a sticky, sand-like texture. Scrape down the sides of the bin as needed.
Add the rest of the ingredients: peanuts, vanilla and salt. You’ll blend until the peanuts are fully incorporated, but just a few teeny-tiny bits remain. You’ll know your energy bars are ready when you can pinch the peanut butter energy bar mixture and it holds together when you drop it.
Pour this peanut butter energy bar mixture into your prepared pan. Use a rubber spatula to press down and pack the mixture into a tightly-packed, even layer.
Freeze & Enjoy
Freeze for about 25 minutes, slice and enjoy the best peanut butter energy bars!
Easy Peanut Butter Recipes: 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Cups (Healthy, Vegan, GF) | No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Balls
The 4 ingredients you need for Peanut Butter Energy Bars
Ingredient 1 – Medjool Dates
Ingredient 2 – Unsalted, Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
Ingredient 3 – Unsalted Peanuts
Ingredient 4 – Vanilla
I love adding in vanilla because it not only adds in delicious flavor (making these energy bars taste more like cookies), they also add in a bit of moisture to your dates so you don’t have to soak them!
Storing and Freezing Your Energy Bars
Store your peanut butter energy bars in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature or the refrigerator.
Store energy bars in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months in the freezer. Allow the bars to thaw for about 15 minutes at room temperature before enjoying.
Learn how to make peanut butter energy bars that taste like peanut butter cookies with just 4 ingredients!
So whaddya think? Are you ready to grab 3 simple ingredients and join me in making the best energy bars? I can’t wait to hear your thoughts—leave a comment below! You know I love hearing from you. ‘Til the next easy no bake adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Peanut Butter Energy Recipes We Love
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls (No Bake)
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites
- 4 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oat Bars – Vegan, Gluten Free
- Easy Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies – 3 Ingredients!
Peanut Butter Energy Bars: this 4 ingredient energy bars recipe is quick ‘n easy and yields the best energy bars that taste like peanut butter cookies!
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dates, packed (about 10 medjool dates)
- ¾ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Add dates and peanut butter to a food processor. This is the food processor that I use. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive, sticky and crumbly mixture, like chunks of wet sand/dough. This will take about a minute. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Add in peanuts, vanilla and salt (if using). Blend until the peanuts are fully-incorporated and you get a soft, crumbly mixture, with a few small bits and pieces of peanuts still visible. It’s ready when you can pinch the mixture between your fingers and it holds together when you release it.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, press down and smooth into a tightly-packed, even layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes, until very firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 18 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Peanut Butter Energy Recipes We Love
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature or the refrigerator.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months in the freezer. Allow to thaw for about 15 minutes at room temperature before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best energy bars, peanut butter energy bars
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.