The perfect roasted potatoes and carrots have a touch of sweetness and spice for the ultimate comfort Thanksgiving vegetable side dish.
Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- 1 ½ lb. small or creamer potatoes
- 1 lb. carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- A generous pinch of pepper
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with lightly greased foil.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Do not peel. Cut into ½-inch cubes, or halves if using creamer potatoes.
- Wash and dry carrots. Peel, then slice into ½-inch angled coins.
- Add potatoes, carrots, oil, melted butter, maple syrup, thyme, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Stir and fold until very well mixed and all potatoes and carrots are coated in butter and oil.
- Pour potatoes and carrots onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread into an even, single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then stir and flip for even cooking.
- Bake for 20 more minutes, until potatoes are fork tender. Mine took a grand total of 40 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish. Add a drizzle of maple syrup, then salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve and enjoy!
Storing Instructions: Best if served immediately. However, it’s okay to cool and store for later. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-3 days.
How to make Vegan: Use vegan butter.
How to make Gluten Free: Keep recipe as-is.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American