Sea Salt Chocolate Paleo Granola Bars Recipe (GF): this grain free granola bars recipe is easy & delicious! The BEST salty & sweet gluten free granola bars—super nutty, drizzled with chocolate & topped with sea salt. Paleo, Grain-Free, Healthy, Flourless, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free.
One time, I read this article on how and why the salty & sweet flavor combo is so endlessly tasty.
Are you a fan of salty & sweet snacks?
What I learned in the article is that the brain can grow tired of either one of those flavors pretty quickly. However contrary that may seem to us sweet lovers.
Anywho, when the brain grows tired of one, such as the sweet snack, the salty snack comes in to change things up and save the day. After eating the salty snack, you’re then ready for more sweet.
Which can be pretty dangerous when you’re eating like, all the sea salt chocolate covered pretzels. Or Paleo Almond Flour Cookie Dough Bars sprinkled with sea salt. .
Which is why we’re gonna take that sweet & salty principle today and apply it to something we already need on a day-to-day basis (healthy snack bars) and make fueling up super tasty & super easy.
Let’s make all the batches of this…
Sea Salt Chocolate Paleo Granola Bars Recipe: The Taste
If you’re seriously in need of a shake-up in your healthy snack routine, or just find it unbelievably hard to, uh, find, a vegan + paleo granola bar recipe… look no further than my sea salt chocolate paleo granola bars!
They’re the perfect combo of salty & sweet. The Taste: chewy, soft grain-free & oat free granola bars that are packed with satisfying nuts, nutrient-rich seeds and creamy almond butter. These perfect paleo granola bars are drizzled in rich, dark paleo chocolate & topped with a delicious sprinkling of sea salt.
Simple Ingredients for The Best Chewy Paleo Granola Bars
Refined Sugar-Free Ingredients: delicious coconut sugar, coconut oil, creamy almond butter and maple syrup.
Are these Paleo Granola Bars… Grain-Free? Gluten-Free? Vegan?
Yes, yes and yes! These homemade paleo granola bars are…
- Refined Sugar-Free
Best Tools for Perfect Homemade Paleo Granola Bars
Wondering what I use to make the best homemade paleo granola bars? Click the links below to find out!
- Granola Bar Pan – This granola bar pan has been a blast to use! Bars pop right out of the silicone pan after baking & cooling. Super easy to use, and I have grand plans to use it for no bake bars, vegan cheesecake bars and more.
- Paleo Vegan Chocolate – Hard to believe that this paleo chocolate bar is refined sugar-free, vegan & GF. I like using this in place of vegan chocolate chips when I’m making my recipes paleo.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – one of my very favorite vegan chocolate chips! They’re so tasty and milky (without any actual milk in it!). And they melt beautifully.
- Raw Coconut Chips – Seriously delicious unsweetened coconut chips. I could eat these straight out of the bag! They’re made with just 1 ingredient: coconuts. No added sugar, no added oil. Woohoo!
- Unsalted Pumpkin Seeds – Love these as well for the fact that they’re just organic pumpkin seeds! No added ingredients needed!
- Ground Golden Flaxseed – One of my paleo vegan baking staples. A must have.
- Coconut Sugar – Keeping it refined sugar-free? Then you’ve gotta have bags of this incredible coconut sugar on hand. I find that this brand doesn’t clump up like the others. Yay!!
Are you ready to hop on the salty & sweet paleo granola bar train with me? (I know, this has got to be the tastiest train ever.) I’m so looking forward to hearing what you think! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by! ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
Homemade Paleo Grain Free Granola Bars & More!
- No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Almond Butter Paleo Energy Balls
- Easy Paleo Snack Bars Recipe (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Homemade Chunky Paleo Granola with Clusters (Grain-Free, Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo)
Sea Salt Chocolate Paleo Granola Bars Recipe (GF): this grain free granola bars recipe is easy & delicious! The BEST salty & sweet gluten free granola bars—super nutty, drizzled with chocolate & topped with sea salt. Paleo, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan.
- 1 cup nuts, chopped*
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, raw coconut chips
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegan dark chocolate chips or chopped paleo chocolate
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Set aside this granola bar pan atop a medium baking sheet (for stability in the oven.) Or, line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. I prefer using the granola bar pan, as it creates a firmer bar with deliciously crispy edges & a chewy, crisp exterior. Set aside for later.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl: nuts, coconut, seeds, flaxseed, and cinnamon & salt if using. Stir until well mixed.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium bowl: coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until very well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared granola bar pan or baking pan. For the granola bar pan: scoop about 3 tablespoons of mixture into each crevice. Use a small, narrow spoon to press the mixture down into an evenly, very tightly-packed layer. For the square pan: using the spatula, press mixture firmly down into an even, very tightly packed layer.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. Place pan onto a cooling rack to cool for 50-60 minutes, or until completely firm. For the granola bar pan: remove bars from pan and transfer directly onto a cooling rack; for the square pan: lift bars and parchment paper onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice into 12-18 bars (for square pan only).
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to set at room temperature before storing. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Healthy Paleo Grain Free Recipes
- *I used: 1/3 cup almonds, 1/3 cup pecans, 1/3 cup walnuts
- Special Tools: Granola Bar Pan
- Special Ingredients: Paleo Chocolate | Unsweetened Coconut Chips | Ground Flaxseed | Coconut Sugar | Pumpkin Seeds | Almond Butter
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
- These unsweetened coconut chips are my preferred coconut to use in this recipe.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 18 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Healthy Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: homemade paleo granola bars recipe, grain free granola bars recipe, gluten free, vegan, dairy free
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.