No Bake Peanut Butter Bars (Healthy): the ultimate healthy no bake peanut butter bars—just 5 ingredients, with thick layers of chocolate & peanut butter, a crunchy topping & velvety chocolate drizzle.
Peanut Butter Layer
- 2/3 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup refined sugar-free chocolate or vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later. Set aside at room temperature.
- Make the Peanut Butter Layer: In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients: 2/3 cup peanut butter, ¼ cup maple syrup, and 1/3 cup coconut flour. Whisk until thickened and difficult to stir. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until well-incorporated.
- Transfer this peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the Chocolate Layer: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Layer ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl: 2/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Add Peanut Topping: Sprinkle chopped peanuts over chocolate topping. Set aside while preparing the drizzle.
- Drizzle the bars: In a microwave-safe bowl, add ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ teaspoon peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim a tiny corner off; or, spoon chocolate into a small piping bottle. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of the bars.
- Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until hardened. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 squares. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Storing Instructions: On the first day, these bars are best stored in the refrigerator. Serve and enjoy within 1 hour. After the first day, you may store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerator (1-2 weeks). Starting week 2, the bars are a bit drier (like Reese’s PB cup filling), but still delicious.
Freezing Instructions: These bars freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until softened.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter bars healthy, healthy no bake peanut butter bars