Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes: rich vegan chocolate cupcakes topped with sweet chocolate ganache. Your soon-to-be favorite chocolate ganache cupcakes!
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup about 3/4 of the way for smaller cupcakes, almost to the top for larger cupcakes with big, round tops. Bake for 16-20 minutes. Mine took 18 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick—it should come out with a few dry bits of cake on it, but no liquidy batter.
- Place cupcake pan on a cooling rack to cool for 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Lay a large sheet of wax paper or parchment on an even surface. Make this Vegan Chocolate Ganache. Dip one cupcake top into the ganache, twisting the cupcake as needed to coat the top completely. Scrape off excess as needed and flip cupcake right side up, being careful not to let ganache drip down the sides of the cupcake. Place onto the prepared work surface and repeat for all cupcakes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Okay to keep at room temperature for up to 3 days, in a cool, dark environment.
Freezing Instructions: Store frosted cupcakes in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 15-40 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate ganache cupcakes, vegan chocolate cupcakes