Vegan Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe: the BEST paleo chocolate chips cookies made with coconut flour. Think: chewy exterior, soft interior, bursting with melty chocolate goodness! Meet your favorite gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Flourless, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free.
How many paleo chocolate chip cookie recipes have you tried? Come on, you can totally be honest with me.
And if you’re like, “If I see one more paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe that claims to be the best… or even edible, I’m gonna scream!!” then I FEEL YOU.
Let’s be honest, folks. PALEO anything can be quite the crapshoot. But when you add the traditional, beloved cookie classic chocolate chip cookies into the mix… that’s when things go sour. Like, really sour.
That’s how I felt on my search for the perfect paleo chocolate chip cookie. It all seemed futile. Or crumbly, at best. But instead of following in all the things I saw all over the internet, I decided to scrap everything and start fresh.
Vegan Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with Coconut Flour
I began with my favorite, nearly flavorless nut butter: almond butter. Then, I added in a top secret ingredient that gives these paleo chocolate chip cookies the perfect balance of chewiness, buttery-ness and texture.
Then, I added in the oft-requested ingredient: coconut flour. And… arrived at the best paleo chocolate chip cookies recipe.
Not convinced? Allow me to describe how they taste and how wonderfully they chew—er, how chewy they are. 😉
The BEST Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo & Vegan)
The Taste: the best paleo chocolate chip cookies are satisfyingly chewy, lightly crispy on the outside, with a soft, buttery interior. It’s the perfect balance of melty ‘n rich, dark paleo chocolate nestled in perfect paleo cookie goodness. Chewy chocolate chip cookie lovers: this is for you!
The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with Coconut Flour – Bonus: these coconut flour chocolate chip cookies are paleo, vegan, gluten free, flourless, grain-free.
#1 Secret Ingredient for the Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
One thing that’s really hard to solve in paleo cookie recipes? How to balance the coconut flour with the amount of wet ingredients to create the chewy, buttery texture of classic chocolate chip cookies.
In the past, when I tried to use nut butters to “combat” the superpower absorption rate of coconut flour, I ended up with a too-moist, not at all chewy, and almost uncooked cakey/gummy texture of the usual paleo/gluten free baked goods. 🤮
I knew that this time, I needed to use something else to balance the nut butter. Enter: tahini. I learned a lot about tahini when I developed these Big Sesame Tahini Cookies. Tahini is not at all like other nut or seed butters. It’s a lot more liquidy, and its flavor is very strong.
So I tested and re-tested this recipe using different amounts of tahini so that its flavor isn’t too noticeable, but also so that its liquidy nature could combat the coconut flour.
Final result: the BEST coconut flour chocolate chip cookies that happen to be paleo & vegan! 🥳 🔥
Tools for the Best Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Tahini – the secret ingredient to my favorite paleo chocolate chip cookies! Just the right amount of liquidy, just the right amount of thick. Before you ask, nope, you can’t substitute this ingredient with more almond butter. Lol.
- Coconut Flour – One of my favorite ingredients to use (carefully hehe) in paleo vegan cookies recipes and more. Such a delightful ingredient that keeps recipes flourless, grain-free, vegan and paleo.
- Medium Cookie Scoop – I’ve long searched for a good, sturdy cookie scoop that can last through: frozen cookie dough, 100’s of scoops in one day, washing in high heat water. This is it.
- Coconut Sugar – the trick to baking the best paleo chocolate chip cookies that don’t taste vegan or healthy. Just delicious.
- Coconut Oil – an excellent substitute for dairy butter in many paleo vegan recipes!
Are you ready to make the best vegan paleo chocolate chip cookies with coconut flour? Let’s do it! Before we say bye, I just wanted to thank you for stopping by and sharing in these sweet moments with me. I truly hope you and your loved ones enjoy my recipe! ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
Paleo Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies & More (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Chocolate Chip Homemade Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe (Vegan, Paleo, Flourless, Oil-Free)
- Paleo Almond Flour Cookie Dough Bars (Vegan, Dairy-Free)
- Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Vegan, Flourless, Paleo)
- Ultimate Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Vegan Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe: the BEST paleo chocolate chip cookies made with coconut flour. Think: chewy exterior, soft interior, bursting with melty chocolate goodness! Meet your favorite gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
Vegan Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted tahini
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Do not roll cookie dough in the palm of your hands—this will cause the dough to warm up and release too much oil, resulting in spread out cookies with unseemly crispy edges.
- With the palm of your hand, quickly flatten cookies about halfway for thicker cookies, flatten considerably for thinner cookies. If cracks form, press back together with your fingers. Dot with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack, and allow cookies to cool directly on the sheet for 15-20 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 15 minutes, as cookies are fragile. Transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Adapted from my Big Sesame Tahini Cookies (Paleo, Vegan).
Paleo Vegan Cookies You’ll Love ❤️
- Special Ingredients: Tahini | Paleo Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate Chips | Natural Almond Butter | Coconut Flour | Coconut Sugar
- Cookies are best on Day 1. Thereafter, cookies will begin to dry out due to the absorbing properties of coconut flour. Keep in a cookie tin or other container for up to 4 days at room temp, away from direct sunlight or heat.
- To Freeze: store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Before enjoying, allow to thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes, or heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Recommended Tools: Medium Cookie Scoop | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Baking Sheet
- Category: Healthy Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan paleo chocolate chip cookies coconut flour, best coconut flour chocolate chip cookies, gluten free
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.