Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Vegan, GF): this flourless chocolate chip cookie recipe is Paleo! The best double chocolate chip cookies—deliciously chewy & decadent, with crispy edges. Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Healthy, Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan.
Happy last weekend before the official start of Autumn! . At least that’s what my daily planner is telling me. 😉 You know, when I was a little kid (and let’s be honest, an adult), I thought that autumn started in August. Did you? (Someone help me out here!)
It’s just… by the time the end of July rolls around, and all the Fourth of July clearance stuff is gone from the stores, there are fall things everywhere.
Bright orange and yellow leaf displays, boxes and boxes of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, fresh-baked loaves of pumpkin bread stacked into the shape of a ginormous grinning Jack-o-lantern, big ol’ bins of plastic pumpkins and huge bags of cinnamon-scented pinecones that make it all feel like fall is here, folks!
So in anticipation of all the fall festivities, family events and food-centric activities that call for all the yummy healthy desserts, I thought I’d share one of my newest favorites to the paleo + vegan cookie jar…
Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Vegan) – the BEST Flourless Chocolate Cookies!
That’s right, chocolate tahini cookies that are vegan, gluten free, flourless (aka made with grain-free coconut flour) and basically the best gluten free double chocolate chip cookies ever. With a tahini twist!
The Taste: These chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookies are bursting with delicious chocolate flavor, which is perfectly complemented by subtle notes of sesame tahini nuttiness. They’re the perfect vegan coconut flour double chocolate chip cookies to satisfy that sweet tooth!
Are These Vegan Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies Gluten Free?
Yes! These perfect chocolate tahini cookies just happen to be…
- Gluten free
- Flourless + Grain-Free
- Refined Sugar-Free
- and made with healthy, simple, whole ingredients
Can You Freeze These Tahini Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Cookies?
Yep! Freezing these gluten free double chocolate cookies with tahini is easy. After cooling the cookies completely, store in an airtight, freeze-friendly container for 1-2 months.
Tools for the Best Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Vegan)
Here are my favorite tools for making the best gluten free chocolate tahini cookies! Click the links below to explore.
- Tahini: you can’t make chocolate tahini cookies without tahini! Try this super convenient 2-pack. 🙂
- Medium Cookie Scoop: speaking of things I love, I totally love these cookie scoops. Strong, sturdy, and they don’t jam up! .
- Coconut Flour: a total staple for grain-free, flourless paleo baking.
- Unbleached Parchment Paper: this parchment paper keeps cookies from sticking to the pan, and makes clean up a breeze.
So are you beyond excited to make the best gluten free chocolate tahini cookies EVER?? I can’t wait to hear what you think of my recipe! If you try my recipe, leave a comment below & let me know what you think. I absolutely love hearing from you. 🙂 ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
More Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Looking for more grain-free & gluten free flourless chocolate cookies? Here are some of my faves:
- Big Sesame Tahini Cookies (Paleo, GF)
- 4 Ingredient Paleo Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Ultimate Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies
- Paleo Almond Flour Cookie Dough Bars
Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Vegan, GF): this flourless chocolate chip cookie recipe is Paleo! The best double chocolate chip cookies—chewy & decadent. Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Healthy, Refined Sugar-Free.
- ½ cup unsalted tahini
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except chocolate chips. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Do not roll cookie dough in the palm of your hands—this will cause the dough to warm up and release too much oil, resulting in spread out cookies with unseemly crispy edges. If cracks form, press back together with your fingers. Press chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie.
- Using the palm of your hands, just lightly press down to flatten cookies—they will spread and flatten during baking. Keep cookie dough balls mostly round and high, with just a bit of a flat top. Again, press together any cracks that form.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack, and allow cookies to cool directly on the sheet for 10-15 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 10 minutes, as cookies are fragile. Then, using a spatula, gently transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Adapted from my Big Sesame Tahini Cookies (Paleo, Vegan).
More amazing Vegan Cookies!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Best the first 3 days.
- Freezing instructions: store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just softened.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate tahini cookies vegan, tahini cookies gluten free, flourless chocolate chip cookies, coconut flour double chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.