Vegan Soft Baked Lemon Donuts with Lemon Glaze (GF): this vegan gluten free donuts recipe yields soft and fluffy donuts with easy homemade lemon glaze! Healthy Doughnuts, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Hooray for May!! <– There’s nothing quite like starting the day with a little rhyme-time to get the easy giggles going, is there? 😉 I’m a big fan of being as goofy as possible to get a smile out of loved ones. I mean… life is too serious as is, right?
Anywho, I’m super excited about sharing today’s recipe because: we’re gonna be making DONUTS!! Make that vegan gluten free donuts! My vegan Soft Baked Lemon Donuts recipe will be the second-only-ever donut recipe on Beaming Baker.
Shocked?!? Or you really don’t care because: just hand me the donuts!!! Or is it doughnuts? Meh! Anyway, since my first go at a vegan donut recipe was ALL about the chocolate, I figured it would be a fun change of pace to share a zesty, fruity and perfectly lemon-y donut recipe.
Btw, if you have a specific vegan donut recipe request, let me know in the comments below! That way, I have ample time to get to testin’ on it.
Vegan Soft Baked Lemon Donuts with Lemon Glaze! (Gluten Free)
Without further ado, let’s dive into today’s baked lemon donut recipe. This vegan soft baked lemon donuts recipe comes with a deliciously easy homemade lemon glaze… and it yields wonderfully soft and fluffy donuts!
Best of all, these baked lemon donuts are dairy-free & refined sugar-free, and made with healthy ingredients. Woohooo!!! But how easy is it to make these vegan gluten free donuts? Read on below to find out. 🙂
How to Make Soft Baked Vegan Lemon Donuts w/ Lemon Glaze
- Step 1: Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Step 2: Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Step 3: Combine the wet and dry ingredients to create your vegan donut batter.
- Step 4: Spoon donut batter into prepared donut pans.
- Step 5: Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Step 6: Cool donuts, then remove from pan.
- Step 7: Glaze your baked lemon donuts with homemade lemon glaze & enjoy!
Easy Homemade Glaze Options for your Vegan Gluten Free Donuts
These vegan gluten free donuts come with a delicious, easy homemade lemon glaze, but if that’s not your thing, try the following vegan, dairy-free glaze options:
- Orange Glaze: swap the lemon juice for orange juice to make orange glaze. Garnish with orange zest!
- Plain Glaze: swap the lemon juice for your favorite non-dairy, vegan milk. Skip the lemon zest as garnish.
- Chocolate Ganache: try topping your baked lemon donuts with a vegan chocolate ganache glaze. Here is the chocolate ganache recipe I use. If you prefer chocolate vegan donuts, try my vegan gluten free Soft Baked Chocolate Donut Recipe.
Q&A for Soft and Fluffy Baked Lemon Donuts Recipe
- How do I store these baked lemon donuts? Store vegan donuts in an airtight container at room temperature, or in the fridge. Glaze before serving.
- Can I freeze these vegan lemon donuts? Yes! Store unglazed lemon donuts in a freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Thaw, then top with easy homemade lemon glaze before serving.
- Where do I find the donut pan you use to make baked donuts? Here are the exact donut pans that I use.
- Can I grind my own oats to make oat flour for this soft baked vegan donuts recipe? Yes! Using gluten free oats, follow this homemade oat flour recipe. Just make sure to grind the oats until very fine, without coarse bits in it.
Did you have fun learning how to make baked lemon donuts with me today? I bet it’s gonna get WAY more fun once the baking begins! 😉 It’s always a joy sharing in these kitchen adventures with you. I can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til then…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
Vegan Gluten Free Donuts Recipe & Healthy Lemon Recipes! (Dairy-Free)
- Soft Baked Chocolate Vegan Donuts Recipe (Gluten-Free)
- Healthy Lemon Raspberry Muffins Recipe (Dairy-Free)
- Easy Vegan Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Bread Recipe (GF)
- Lemon Coconut Macaroons Recipe (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe (GF, Vegan)
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools for Best Healthy Gluten Free Baked Lemon Donuts
Click on the links below to see the exact tools & ingredients I used to make this gluten free vegan donut recipe!
- Donut Pan – Such a great pan to use when making baked vegan donuts. Wonderfully non-stick!
- Lemon Zester – Erik’s favorite zester. Easy to use, and comes with a nifty protective cover to keep it safe and clean. 😉
- Almond Flour – Light, fluffy and tastes amazing. A great gluten free flour option.
- Coconut Oil – An absolute must in my kitchen. One of my biggest vegan baking essentials!
- Cooling Rack – Great, reliable cooling racks that have helped me cool soo many yummy baked goods. .
- Swerve Confectioners Sweetener – If you’re looking for a low carb sugar-free substitute for the powdered sugar in the homemade lemon glaze, Swerve is a great choice!