This easy gluten free lemon almond poppy seed bread recipe is moist, fluffy and bursting with lemon flavor! It’s the best vegan lemon poppy seed bread – gluten-free, dairy-free, healthy!
Happy first day of Spring!!! Okay, fine, technically it’s the second day of Spring!!! Yeah!
To celebrate, I’m sharing the scrumdiddlyumptious easy, vegan and gluten free lemon poppy seed bread recipe with almonds. It’s perfectly moist, just the right balance between sweet and tangy… and seriously such a showstopper.
Easy Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with Almonds
I love making this gluten free lemon poppy seed bread for my mom (hint: this would be the perfect Mother’s Day recipe), for brunch with loved ones (‘cause I’m not making this for folks I feel tepid about… j/k!!) and just for me (we all need a little more self-love and appreciation, ya know?).
When’s the last time you truly loved a vegan + gf quick bread recipe? Folks are always telling me how so often the gluten free vegan quick breads they try are gummy, overly moist, tough as nails and just plain ‘ol tasteless. You know that’s not how we roll here. Heck no!
This vegan lemon poppy seed bread recipe is fluffy, while also satisfyingly dense ‘n light (you know that sweet spot in between) and will shock your friends when you reveal it’s vegan and gluten free and made without refined ingredients. Whoop!
Are you ready to kick Spring in the face, um, I mean, kick off Spring in the tastiest, tangiest way possible? Okaaaay, it’s not that tangy; it’s just the right amount. 😉 Let’s do this! Below, you’ll find answers to common questions, notes and tips on how to make the tastiest gluten free lemon poppy seed bread!
How to Make Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
This vegan lemon poppy seed bread recipe is pretty easy to make! Sift together all the dry ingredients, whisk together all the wet ingredients and combine. Pour the lemon poppy seed batter into a loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes. Cool and drizzle with lemon glaze. Top with almonds and slice, then enjoy! Just as easy as my Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread Recipe. 😉
Substitution Notes for Easy Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
- GF oat flour: sub with gluten free all purpose flour. Do not substitute with coconut flour or almond flour—they won’t work as swaps in this recipe.
- Blanched almond flour: try subbing the almond flour with ¼ cup additional oat flour. See how you like the texture—I prefer the recipe as written, but you might enjoy this/it might suit those who are nut-free.
- Coconut oil: sub with melted non-dairy butter or flavorless cooking oil.
- Coconut sugar: sub with organic brown sugar or organic cane sugar.
- Maple syrup: sub with brown rice syrup, agave or honey (if not vegan).
- Unrefined Confectioners’ Sugar: a few readers have tried grinding coconut sugar in a small food processor to make paleo powdered sugar. See how you like it.
- Note: As always, proceed with caution. The more changes you make to the recipe, the lower your odds are that you’ll bake something awesome.
How to Store this Easy Gluten Free Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
After cooling completely, store your glazed gluten free lemon poppy seed bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. To freeze: cool lemon poppy seed bread completely and slice. Place in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temp for about 30 minutes or heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until just warm.
Wishing you the best Spring ever!! Filled with new beginnings, bright colors, even brighter smiles and joy. I hope that you and your loved ones absolutely adore this vegan lemon poppy seed bread! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀️ Click below to Pin ☀️
More Easy Gluten Free Vegan Recipes
- Lemon Coconut Macaroons (GF, Vegan)
- Vegan Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
- 1-Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe (GF, Vegan)
- Easy Vegan Lemon Loaf (Dairy-Free, Healthy)
Easy Vegan Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Bread Recipe (Gluten-Free, Healthy): this easy gluten free lemon almond poppy seed bread recipe is moist, fluffy and bursting with lemon flavor! It’s the best vegan lemon poppy seed bread – gluten-free, dairy-free, healthy! Refined Sugar-Free.
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup organic, unrefined confectioners’ sugar* (sugar-free substitute in notes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice (start with less, make sure it’s white and thick, not too translucent)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients except salt and poppy seeds: oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk in salt and poppy seeds.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, sugar, maple syrup and almond extract. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Mine took 50 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to check for doneness—once it comes out clean with just a few moist bits (no wet batter!), it’s done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Then, lift out of pan, transferring loaf along with parchment paper directly onto the cooling rack. Optionally, in a small bowl, whisk together Glaze ingredients until thickened: confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle loaf. Top with sliced almonds. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice loaf into 12 slices. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins.
– Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, or in a cool, dark environment. Glaze when ready to eat, or day of.
– To Freeze: store in an airtight container or bag, unglazed, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until just warm.
– *Powdered sugar substitutes: Swerve powdered sugar is a good sugar-free, low carb substitute. You can also grind the sweetener of your choice, such as Xylitol, in a coffee grinder or small blender until you get a powder. Since Swerve is a bit drier, use about 2 ½ teaspoons lemon juice to make the glaze.
– *You can also add more powdered sugar if you’d like a thicker glaze.
– Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 12 servings per recipe, made without optional glaze or topping. 🙂
- Category: Healthy Baking, Quick Breads, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 63mg
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools to Make Vegan Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with Almonds
Click the links below to check out my favorite tools & ingredients used to make this easy vegan lemon poppy seed bread recipe.
- Lemon Juicer – Erik, my official juicer, says this is the BEST juicer ever. Quick, easy and effective!
- Lemon Zester – actually an all-fruit and etc. grater. Super easy to use and perfectly sharp.
- Homemade Oat Flour – my favorite recipe for GF all purpose flour.
- GF Oat Flour – or, you can just buy it ready made! 😉
- 8-inch Loaf Pan – such a sturdy and amazing loaf pan.
- Almond Flour – my favorite almond flour brand. Super finely ground, great quality and taste.
- Coconut Oil – a gluten free vegan baking must-have for the pantry!