An easy recipe for moist ‘n fluffy vegan lemon poppy seed muffins—perfectly sweet ‘n tart! Gluten Free.
Good morning! It might not be morning in your part of the world right now, but I can basically promise that a good morning is in your future.
Nope, I didn’t suddenly develop psychic powers (which would be equally cool and terrifying all at once), I’m just sharing the best ever healthy gluten free vegan lemon poppy seed muffins.
Yep, it’s time for you to prepare for the best mornings EVER with these fresh-baked citrus delights. And in case you’re looking for a loaf instead of a muffin, try my Easy Vegan Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Bread Recipe.
You ready? Let’s bake this!
How to Make Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Preheat the Oven
First things first, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, tuck some muffin liners into a muffin pan.
Sift the Dry Ingredients
Now, sift together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk in salt and poppy seeds.
Whisk the Wet Ingredients
Heat the water and milk until warm, then combine all wet ingredients together in a medium bowl. Whisk everything together until well mixed.
Combine the Dry & Wet Ingredients
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Whisk all the ingredients together until no flour patches remain. Congrats! You’ve made your healthy lemon poppy seed batter.
Pour the Batter
Pour the vegan lemon poppy seed batter into the muffin pan you prepped earlier.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake, cool and enjoy the best gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins!
Vegan Muffins You’ll Love: Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins Recipe (Dairy Free) // Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
Perfect Gluten Free Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins: the Taste & Texture
These vegan lemon poppy seed muffins are moist, soft, and the perfect balance between fluffy and dense healthy lemon poppy seed muffins.
These gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins are the BEST! Guys, biting into these muffins are like biting into a basket of sunshine. Which sounds pretty bizarre and a tad risky with unexpected consequences, but you know what I mean! The flavor is bright and hopeful. 🙂
Molly says, “I have been following/baking Demeter’s recipes for quite some time and these are absolutely delicious!! I have Celiac and also plant based so these are perfect. I am always looking for new recipes, and this will absolutely be added to the rotation. I typically sub swerve for sugar but decided to stick with the instructed coconut sugar and boy am I happy I did—the depth of flavor is sublime. Thank you Demeter!!”
Cherish says, “Third time making these and they are such a winner! By the time you remove gluten, dairy, and eggs, muffins can be a bit iffy. I think the oat flour is part of what makes these a winner…”
Chris says, “I can’t believe how yummy these muffins are! Who knew that vegan gluten free baking could taste soooo good! No need for butter and eggs here : )”
Sandee says, “This recipe is a keeper!! They were so moist, lemony, and delicious! And the ladies at work said they were amazing! Thanks again!”
How to Make These Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Gluten Free
It’s super easy to make these vegan lemon poppy seed muffins gluten free. Just follow the recipe! Make sure to use gluten free oat flour, and do not make any substitutions. That’s all folks!
Perfectly moist ‘n fluffy lemon poppy seed muffins no one would guess were vegan and gluten free!
Grab your shiniest, peppiest lemons and meet me in the kitchen! I’m so excited to hear what you think of these gluten free vegan lemon poppy seed muffins! As always, it’s so wonderful experiencing these kitchen adventures with you. I truly appreciate your feedback, photos on IG and emails. ‘Til the next baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Delicious Vegan Muffins + More
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan)
- Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins (Gluten Free, Egg Free)
- Tennessee Mule (Moscow Mule with Whiskey)
- Lemon Blackberry Muffins
- Strawberry Lemon Muffins Recipe (V, GF)
- Lemon Glaze for Muffins & Bread
Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (Gluten Free): an easy recipe for moist ‘n fluffy vegan lemon poppy seed muffins—perfectly sweet ‘n tart! Gluten Free.
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons organic, unrefined confectioners’ sugar** (sugar-free substitute in notes)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients except salt and poppy seeds: oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk in salt and poppy seeds.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup all the way to the top for big, round tops, and ¾ of the way for a larger quantity of smaller muffins. Bake for 16-22 minutes. Mine took 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness—once it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 20 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 1-3 hours. Optionally, in a small bowl, whisk together Glaze ingredients until thickened: confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle muffins. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Vegan Muffins (Gluten Free)
*If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy muffins.
**Powdered sugar substitutes: Swerve is a good sugar-free, low carb substitute. You can also grind the sweetener of your choice, such as Xylitol, in a coffee grinder or small blender until you get a powder. Since Swerve is a bit drier, use about 2 ½ teaspoons lemon juice to make the glaze.
**You can also add more powdered sugar if you’d like a thicker glaze.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, or in a cool, dark environment. Glaze when ready to eat, or day of.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container or bag, unglazed, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 15 second increments until just warm.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan lemon poppy seed muffins, gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.