Soft ‘n fluffy vegan gluten free chocolate donuts topped with luxurious vegan chocolate glaze.
Who’s ready for the best soft and fluffy vegan gluten free chocolate donuts?! Any takers? Can I interest you in some vegan chocolate glaze that’s basically the world’s tastiest dairy-free chocolate ganache?
This chocolate vegan donuts recipe yields super soft vegan donuts with a decadent and luxurious vegan chocolate glaze that even Homer couldn’t resist. Okay, that’s just crazy talk since we already won him over at “chocolate”. Heehee.
Without further ado, let’s chat about all things Vegan Baked Donuts! Make that Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Donuts! In today’s post, I’m gonna go over the tips & tricks for perfect vegan chocolate donuts, as well as common questions and the tools I use to make these gluten free donuts perfection. Let’s bake it!
tricks & tips for the best soft & fluffy vegan gluten free donuts
- Start with an amazing donut pan– this one is super durable and yields perfectly-sized vegan gluten free donuts. I’ve tested both greasing the pan & not greasing it with similar amazing results!
- How to pour the batter into the cavities of the donut pan: I love pouring the batter straight from my OXO mixing bowl—it has a perfect pouring spout that makes for easy pouring. Some folks like to pour the batter into a bag & snip off the end so you can pipe the batter – I didn’t find this necessary or worth the trouble.
- Tips on Homemade Oat Flour: make sure to use very finely ground gluten free oat flour without any major chunks of oats in it. Remember: the oat flour needs to be very fine, similar to regular flour in order to bake up perfect vegan gluten free donuts.
substitution notes for chocolate vegan gluten free donuts
Can I swap the oat flour for another flour?
Yes and no. The best, closest results will likely come from using gluten free all purpose flour. Each brand works differently, so results will vary. Do not swap the oat flour for almond flour and/or coconut flour in this chocolate vegan donuts recipe. Those two flours will yield highly unpleasant results.
Can I swap the coconut oil for another oil or butter?
Yes, with varying flavor & texture results. Some oils, like olive oil, are highly fragrant and will make the vegan chocolate donuts taste like olive oil! Lol. Flavorless oils are best. Melted vegan butter will most likely be the best sub.
Can I swap the coconut sugar for another sugar?
Just make sure you use another similar dry, granulated sugar, such as organic cane sugar or organic brown sugar. Do not replace with a liquid sweetener.
Can I swap the maple syrup for honey, agave, monkfruit sweetener, etc.?
Yes, again with varying results. Each liquid sweetener has its own personality and profile, so it’ll react differently in the recipe, and have varying levels of sweetness. Try it out and learn/experiment as you go. And comment below to let me know!
Just remember: the more ingredient substitutions you make, the further you’ll get from the intended result (vegan baked perfection lol). So proceed with caution and have fun!
how do i store these vegan chocolate donuts?
Store these vegan chocolate donuts in an airtight container at room temperature, out of direct sunlight/near heat sources. You can also store them in the refrigerator, but doing so will result in condensation on the tops of the chocolate donuts.
let’s make vegan gluten free donuts!!
Watch out world! We’re about to start our very own vegan gluten free donut shop. Oh yeah!!! What’s life without a bit of enthusiasm and a whole bunch of joy for doing what you love anyway? It’s truly my pleasure & honor to share in these delicious, joyful kitchen moments with you. Thank you for stopping by. I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think. In the meantime…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Recipes
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Gluten Free Brownies
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.