Chocolate Almond Butter Oatmeal Cups: an easy 4 ingredient recipe for no bake oatmeal cups with almond butter & chocolate topping! A quick & easy healthy snack that’s delicious!
No Bake Oatmeal Cups
- 1 cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free rolled oats
- Lay two 12-cup silicone baking pans on two medium baking sheets. This is the pan I use—it has narrower cups, which make for thicker oat cups. I highly recommend using this pan versus a regular metal pan, as it’s much easier to remove the oat cups. Set aside for later.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, add almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk together until well mixed.
- Heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until warm and fragrant, and the mixture begins to dry out just a bit (about 3-6 rounds). Whisk in between heating increments. *Stovetop instructions in Notes.
- Add oats to the almond butter mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold until thoroughly combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough into the cups of the baking pan. Using a spoon, press and flatten mixture until tops are smooth and dough is evenly distributed in the cup. Set aside.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate or the following: add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl (chocolate chips and almond butter). Heat in 20-second increments until just melted. Stir in between heating increments until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate topping evenly over almond butter cups. Tap the pan to smooth chocolate topping into an even layer.
- Chill in the freezer for 15-25 mins, until firm. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Easy Vegan GF Peanut Butter Recipes
*Stovetop Instructions: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated. Stir occasionally, heating until this mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat and carefully pour over the oats.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 1 month. After the first day, you can store them at room temperature—they’ll be more firm.
Freezing Instructions: Store in freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 5-15 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American