Strawberry Vegan Ice Cream (Dairy-Free): the BEST vegan strawberry ice cream is fresh, sweet & creamy, bursting with strawberry flavor. Homemade vegan ice cream that’s easy!
- The day before, freeze the freezer bowl according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Day of, add coconut milk, coconut cream, raw cashew butter, strawberries, vanilla and almond extract to a food processor. Blend until smooth and well mixed. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Add pure maple syrup to taste—3 tablespoons for less sweet, 5 for sweeter ice cream. Blend until well mixed.
- If using a large ice cream maker, pour mixture into ice cream maker. If using a standard ice cream maker, remove ½ cup of mixture, to avoid overflow. You can freeze the extras in a popsicle maker for easy strawberry popsicles!
- Follow directions for making ice cream according to ice cream maker’s directions.
- Enjoy immediately if you like super soft ice cream. If you like firmer ice cream, pour into an ice cream container and freeze for 2-4 hours, until firm.
- Strawberry vegan ice cream is best the first day. On Day 2 and forward, set ice cream out at room temperature to thaw for 20-90 minutes, until creamy and scoopable. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Looking for a low sugar, low carb alternative? Try my Strawberry Keto Ice Cream (Low Carb).
Vegan Ice Cream Recipes You’ll Love
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Full-fat Coconut Milk | Coconut Cream | Raw Cashew Butter | Pure Almond Extract | Pure Maple Syrup
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly ice cream container, such as this one. If serving after completely frozen, allow about 20-90 minutes to thaw—until creamy and scoopable.
- For Quick Thaw: heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until the edges are a bit melty and ice cream is easy to scoop.
- Recommended Tools: My Favorite Food Processor | Ice Cream Maker or Large Ice Cream Maker | Trigger Ice Cream Scoop | Reusable Ice Cream Tub or Mini Pints
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churn
- Cuisine: American