Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream (V, GF): a 7 ingredient recipe for deliciously creamy, no churn ice cream bursting with coconut, chocolate and almonds. Vegan, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free.
Happy Monday!! Oh come on, in the summer, at least, Mondays can be pretty happy. I mean, you can actually take off a Monday or two (at least I hope you do…). You can even whip yourself up a fresh batch of strawberry coconut sorbet, just ‘cuz.
And, just in case you still have a case of the Mondays anyway, I thought I’d try to brighten it up a bit with… drumroll please…
Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream!
Didn’t reading the recipe title just make you feel better? 🙂 And you know if I could, I would definitely whip up a HUGE batch of this ice cream and host an ice cream social. Just for you. And then you’d absolutely have a legit reason to call off of work. (Ice Cream Socials totally count as a “Must Miss Work” day).
Anywho, my first official Summer Recipe kickoff, um recipe, was this Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream. It’s awesomely paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and I’m sure other frees that I can’t think of right now (it’s Monday, what can I say?). Well that little guy was such a big hit, especially on Facebook, that I thought it was high time to concoct an Almond Joy-upgraded version for you.
What do you think? Are you more than a little excited?
While I await your answers, I can tell you that my mom, aka Grams, is over the moon about this one. Actually, she’s the one who brainwashed convinced me that all things Almond Joy-flavored are amazing. You might already know this, but my family is kinda crazy obsessed with all things coconut chocolate. But, of course, my mom needs to add nuts to just about everything.
It’s been years since she’s enjoyed an Almond Joy (boy does that sentence have a ring to it). Happily though, she’s very satisfied/always asking me to make her my Paleo Almond Joy. In fact, she’s constantly asking me to turn everything and anything I can into an Almond Joy treat.
As such, you can thank her for all of these:
- Homemade Almond Joy Cups
- Paleo Almond Joy
- No Bake Almond Joy Energy Bites
- Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Truffles
You know what, I’d been anticipating a much longer list of AJ treats. Gosh, don’t tell my mom I shared this very stubby list with you… or else you know what she’s gonna be requesting. Wait, did she just hear us??
Allow me to ever so quietly tell you all about the tastiest reasons why you should make this Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream. It’s:
- deliciously creamy
- super easy to make…
- with just 7 ingredients
- awesomely no-churn
- paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- bursting with Almond Joy flavors
- packed with chocolate, almonds and coconut
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- made with the simple, whole, healthy ingredients you love
- perfect for dessert, or even breakfast (reason: SUMMER!!)
Are you ready to make some homemade ice cream YUM? I’ll grab the blender, you grab the almonds, coconut and chocolate. Okay, fine, I’ll bring the coconut cream too! 😉 I’m looking forward to spending a long, lazy, warm and relaxing summer making all the frozen, no bake and alright, a few baked, goodies with you. Thank you for spending it with me. <3 I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe, in the meantime, tell me:
What’s your favorite summer activity?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
SHOP THIS RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla or almond extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ⅓ cup unsalted almonds, chopped or sliced
- ¼ cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- Add bananas to a blender or food processor. Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream, maple syrup and extract, blending until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add coconut, almonds and chocolate chips**, blending until just incorporated (2-4 pulses).
- If you like super soft, melty ice cream, enjoy immediately. If you want your ice cream firm and scoopable: pour into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-15 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
- Adapted from my Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo, V, GF).
- *You can use canned coconut cream, or you do the following: Allow a can of full-fat coconut milk to settle for 1-3 days—set it in a stable, cool environment. Open the can and scoop the firm, creamy white part off the top—this is the coconut cream.
- **Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate to achieve delicate chocolate flakes in your ice cream. Here's how: add chocolate chips to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until melted. Stir in between increments, until smooth. Scrape melted chocolate into the blender. Pulse a few times to combine. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- More Frozen Desserts: Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches, Paleo Ice Cream Bars, Mango Coconut Milkshake.
- Nutritional Info (see below): an estimate, calculated based on 3½ cups of ice cream, equaling 10 servings (also using 1 tablespoon of maple syrup).
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
If you enjoyed this Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream recipe, then you’ll love these plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes:
☀︎ Paleo Vegan Frozen Dessert Recipes
Yep, they totally taste like chocolate-covered strawberries: Chocolate-covered Strawberry Ice Cream Bars (Paleo, V, GF, DF).
Who needs a coffee shop when you can make this Paleo Mocha Frappe right at home!
Coconut lovers, this ice cream’s for you: Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Paleo, GF)
Enjoy strawberries? Then you’ll love my Strawberry Coconut Popsicles. Plant-based, Paleo, and Gluten-Free.
Okay, fine… here’s a baked goodie, just for you: Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies. 😉
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.