Best Vegan Brownies Recipe: easy & moist homemade vegan brownies—the BEST vegan chocolate brownies ever! Rich chocolate flavor, fudgy center and made from scratch!
Best Vegan Brownies
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup organic dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract or pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
Click here for Gluten Free Vegan Brownies.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in flax eggs, extract, and salt. Stir just a few times to gently incorporate.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in flour until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in vegan chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. Mine took 30 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool.* Slice into 9-16 brownies. Enjoy!
Delicious Vegan Brownie Recipes
- PALEO brownies with almond flour: Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies (Gluten Free)
- GLUTEN FREE: My Favorite Gluten Free Brownies Recipe From Scratch!
- RAW: 5 Ingredient Raw Vegan Brownies (No Bake)
- PB: Fudgy Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies Recipe – Gluten Free
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Chocolate Chips | Unsweetened Cocoa Powder | Almond Butter | Coconut Sugar | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Flaxseed | Pure Almond Extract
- *Brownies will be very fudgy and gooey after the first 2 hours of cooling. If you like them firmer, allow to cool & set for an extra 2-4 hours before enjoying. Or, after cooling completely, chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours and enjoy.
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator if you like them firm.
- Freezing Instructions: These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds until warm.
- Recommended Tools: 8-inch baking pan | unbleached parchment paper | glass mixing bowls | my favorite prep bowls
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American