Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie Bars: a simple vegan and gluten-free recipe for the deliciously chewy, super-chunky chocolate chip cookie bars.
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted, natural nut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup, sugar and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, flax, cinnamon, walnuts and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Stir together until well-incorporated. I like to fold the mixture together with a rubber spatula. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour this mixture into your baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Keep in mind that the bars will harden as they cool.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– You can easily swap out the nuts for another ingredient, like cacao nibs or dried fruit. 🙂
– Adapted from Oh She Glows.
- Category: dessert, cookies