Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (V+GF): An easy recipe for deliciously simple chocolate chip cookies packed with almond butter, oats and coconut. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
It’s wedding, cookie and cranberry/coconut week here at Beaming Baker! Apparently… 😉 I just thought the week would sound much better if we could label it with food and super love-packed events. Sound good?
Last post, I updated you guys on the positive-vibes-filled wedding shower that my sister’s friends threw for her. It was the perfect kickoff to the perfect weekend. 🙂 I’m serious as (a champagne) toast when I say this: Penny’s wedding weekend renewed my faith in humanity, my faith in all things good, and all things goofy. Don’t you sometimes feel like you need a little reminder that there’s still goodness in the world?
This time around, I’m gonna share a bit more about the wedding reception, plus introduce you to my family’s new favorite treat: THE Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie. It’s chewy, perfectly textured, packed full of protein and chocolate chips, PLUS, it is somehow not at all related, but kinda related to my sister getting married. Because: smile-inducing. 🙂
Sometimes the world gets a bit dark, people do bad things, and our vision gets a bit smudged, and our backs, hearts and minds feel heavier. But then you experience a moment that’s so beautiful that you believe in life and love again. I had the pleasure, the privilege, of experiencing the beauty of pure love and happiness this wedding weekend.
Thank you for letting me share this with you. ❤️
Without further ado, here’s my official, abridged summer vacation/sister’s wedding slideshow. Complete with an imaginary clicker. 🙂 Can you hear it? Special thanks to my brother-in-law, Ed Yoo, for sharing these amazing wedding photos! 🙂 Grab an almond butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie or four and settle in for some good ol’ fashioned bonding. After all, what’s the summer for, if not swapping fun memories and gettin’ all nostalgic?
Soundtrack for the slideshow: Memories That You Call (feat. Monsoonsiren) by ODESZA.
My big sis Penny and her dashing (plus super tall) groom Andrew. How could you not smile looking at these two goofballs? They both have crazy serious and important jobs IRL, but are big, goofy kids at heart.
Penny, graciously scrunching up her face for a quick smooch from our lil nephew, Dylan aka “PB.” And yes, he does have a full-blown neon green striped suit on. With an official, international standard for Worldly Gentlemen clip-on tie attached. 😉
Vegan Creamsicle Cupcakes. Yep, you heard me right. Among non-vegan treats, this one was just for me and Erik (okay, probably not, but we like to think it was). Coolest sister ever, right? Uh, Monica and Jenny, you guys are cool, too! 😉
Btw, how neat is the signage for the cupcakes? I had the pleasure of meeting my sister’s boss, Tammy. Her wonderfully creative teen daughter, Mari, made this sign and more. By hand. I know, I’m crazy impressed, too. ? On top of that, her other daughter Aiko is an amazing baker. Super fam, right? 😉
Just by pure coincidence, we all matched! Penny, being the super chillaxed sister that she is, gave no directions, no restrictions on what we should wear. I actually packed Jenny’s magenta top for her! And it all just worked out… With me and my mom twinning. That’s the semi-psychic family connection, right? 😉
Ties, not optional. J/k. Do you love these dashing fellows or what? All of my handsome brothers-in-law plus Erik. Who is far too handsome for his own good. 🙂 Note that two out of these four fine gentlemen are wearing incredibly fancy ties that my mom bought for them in Vietnam. At the airport. These fine sirs are classy and loyal to my mom. What more could you want? 😉
My sweet, incredibly strong, artistic and formerly shy sister Monica, kicking so many butts and taking names while giving her speech at the reception. And so freaking rocking Kevin’s fleece jacket. It matches beautifully, doesn’t it? ?
The bride and the groom, making their spectacular entrance. That’s when the party really started! All of Penny and Andrew’s friend are lawyers or in the legal profession. As such, they really KNOW how to party. Just sayin’. I’m on the left, playing it cool with Andrew’s mama. (Yup, I wore flip-flops!! Make that bejeweled flip-flops.) <– This one’s for you, Chey. ❤️
See what I mean?
The most perfect family shot, don’t you think? Side note: PB’s got the family appetite! 😉
And they lived happily ever after. <3
This was one of the most fun, most spirit-lifting events I’ve ever been to. It reminded me to get out of my comfort zone more often, and explore new friendships and greater adventures. Have you ever experienced something that changed your outlook on life? Or helped you get out of a funk?
While I eagerly await your responses, let me tell you all about these unofficially named Congratulations Penny and Andrew Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They’re so, so, sooooo easy to make. So easy that I felt the need to write “so” at least four times in the space of two sentences. Like, so easy. 😉 Make that five in three.
With just two bowls, two handfuls and maybe a smidge more of ingredients, these Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything you’d want and more. Unless you don’t like cookies. In which case, it may be time to part ways. J/k! Alright, at least tell me how you feel about cake. Ice cream?
Moving on! These (Congratulations Penny and Andrew) Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- fantastically delicious and satisfying
- vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- chewy, rich and scrumptiously textured
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- packed full of whole ingredients
- bursting with almond butter, oats, chocolate chips and coconut
- super easy to make
- protein-rich, oh yes!
- just what you need, any time of the day
- named after a very special occasion, which makes them even more special 😉
If you could send me a slideshow of your favorite family, friends, or anything event, what would you tell me all about? Let me know in the comments section below. Super important also, will you promise to carve out some time to do something fun and relaxing, just for yourself? Spend some time with friends, family, cats, dogs, your favorite book or just take a nice, long bubble bath. Life is so much better when you treat yourself.
Sending you lots of love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter. ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural, unsalted almond butter (mine is naturally liquidy)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 5 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, coconut, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir and fold until you get a cohesive dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet, spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and place onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool before storing.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Adapted from my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (vegan, gluten free, dairy free).
- More delicious almond butter recipes, just for you: No Bake Almond Butter Coconut Bites, Gluten Free Vegan Brownies, No Bake Cranberry Coconut Energy Bites, Chocolate Almond Butter Pretzel Bites, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars. All vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
You love all of the nut butters, don’t you? Try my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free). The best time is Cookie Time. 😉
No time or inclination to turn on the oven? Try my No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free). Perfectly chewy, perfectly snackable.
Tastes better than chocolate cake. ‘Nuff said. Vegan Double Chocolate Banana Nut Bread (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free). And just in one bowl, too. Okay, I admit I still had more to say. Dang it. 😉
Assuming I haven’t asked you too many questions already, tell me, what’s your favorite fun event memory?
I can’t wait to hear your responses.