Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars: the perfect mix of oatmeal cookie dough + chocolate peanut butter cups in 1 easy to make chocolate peanut butter oat bars recipe!
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Make the dough: In a large bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, and salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in the add-in ingredients: chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Pour dough into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Make the chocolate topping: Use the double boiler method or do the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add Chocolate Topping ingredients (1/2 cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon peanut butter). Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Form the bars: Pour this chocolate mixture over the cookie dough bars. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oat Recipes
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Bars can be stored at room temperature after the first day of refrigeration.
Freezer: You can also freeze these for up to a month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter oat bars