the BEST chocolate overnight oats recipe—satisfyingly rich and deep chocolate taste with creamy vanilla goodness.
Happy Monday! Are you having a great start to the week so far? 🙂 Just in case you needed a little sumthin’ sumthin’ (translation: chocolate), I thought it would be the perfect time for some chocolate breakfast inspo!
Well, we’re gonna kick the week off nice and chocolatey with one of my favorite quick & easy healthy breakfast ideas: chocolate overnight oats! Are you ready to make your morning simpler, tastier and yummier? Let’s do it!
What are Overnight Oats?
If you haven’t heard of overnight oats before, let me catch you up to speed. Overnight Oats are a make-ahead healthy breakfast recipe that consists of oats soaked in a usually sweetened mixture that thickens overnight. You typically make overnight oats the night before, and enjoy them the morning after. Here are 7 Ways: to enjoy Easy Vegan Overnight Oats (Healthy).
You can keep overnight oats for up to 5 days, unless you’re using homemade almond milk or another kind of homemade nut milk, which typically only stays fresh for 2-3 days.
What are Chocolate Overnight Oats?
Chocolate overnight oats are a tasty flavor variation on classic overnight oats. In today’s recipe, I’m infusing three kinds of chocolate to create the best chocolate overnight oats.
- 1st chocolate: cacao powder or cocoa powder. Cocoa powder is mixed together with creamy oats and cream to create the chocolate overnight oat base.
- 2nd chocolate: Then, layers of chocolate chips are interspersed between each layer of overnight oats.
- 3rd chocolate: chopped up chocolate bar! I just love the look and taste of chopped up chocolate. 🙂
Rich ‘n creamy chocolate overnight oats that are super easy to make and even easier to eat.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Chocolate Overnight Oats?
- Rolled Oats: Otherwise known as “old-fashioned oats”, rolled oats are a crucial ingredient in chocolate overnight oats because they become chewy and delicious during the overnight soak. I find that quick oats become plain ol’ mushy.
- Chia Seeds: the magic overnight oats binder! Chia seeds are seriously so amazing because, when added to a liquid, they become sticky and thicky. This texture helps to thicken your perfect chocolate overnight oats.
- Coconut Cream
- Raw Cacao Powder: If you only have unsweetened cocoa powder on hand, this’ll work, too!
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Mini Chocolate Chips: You can use mini chocolate chips, chopped up chocolate bar or even your favorite white chocolate chips!
How to Make Chocolate Overnight Oats
Get the Jars
Before you start making your chocolate overnight oats, make sure to order these super cute mini jars. Wash them and set aside.
Mix the Ingredients
Add all overnight oats ingredients to a mixing bowl for easy stirring: rolled oats, chia seeds, raw cacao powder, milk, coconut cream, vanilla and maple syrup.
You can absolutely add the ingredients into the mini jars from the get-go, but I think it’s much easier to add them to a mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated and no clumps remain (I’m looking at you, coconut cream!) Pour overnight oat mixture into jars.
If you’d like, you can add dry topping to each jar. For wet toppings, such as fruits, add those right before serving.
Store Overnight & Enjoy
Store your chocolate overnight oats… erm, overnight, and enjoy the next day! You can also eat your overnight oats about 4 hours later if you can’t wait. 😉
How do these chocolate overnight oats taste?
With just the right amount of both, you get a satisfyingly rich and deep chocolate taste while still enjoying the creamy vanilla flavors of overnight oats.
Easy Chocolate Overnight Oats in a Jar!
You can make your overnights oats in almost any kind of container. However, I love making my easy chocolate overnight oats in a jar. Reason being, overnights in a jar = highly portable, already-portioned out amounts of overnight oats that are super convenient. Plus, I get to use my super cute resealable glass mini jars! I mean, how cute are these?
Recommended Tools for Chocolate Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan)
- Mini Overnight Oat Jars – my #1 jars to make overnight oats in, and the very jars you see in these photos. Yes, they are even cuter in person. Yes, they’re compact, but hold so much more than they seem to. Highly recommend these!
- Coconut Cream – my key ingredient in making super delicious overnight oats. I’ve tried every yogurt under the sun to make these overnight oats, and, simply put, nothing compares to using coconut cream instead. Creamy, rich and oh-so satisfying, coconut cream adds healthy fats, richness and flavor to your overnight oats.
- Chia Seeds – you can’t make overnight oats without chia seeds! Okay, you can do whatever you dang well please, but you know what I mean. Chia seeds are the superfood that pump these overnight oats up with nutrients, and they lend the creamy, thick texture you love in your overnight oats. Bonus: they keep you full longer!
Ready for the best chocolate overnight oats recipe ever?? 🙂 Let’s do it! I’m so excited to hear what you think of this recipe. Thanks for stopping by and enjoying a few moments of kitchen sweetness together. ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
Click below to Pin
Delicious Overnight Oats Recipes
- NEW! Maple Pecan Overnight Oats
- 🥜 Healthy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🎃 Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🥥 The Best Almond Joy Overnight Oats Recipe
- ❼ 7 Ways: Easy Vegan Overnight Oats (Healthy)
- 🍫 Chocolate Overnight Oats – 3 Ways
- 🥜 Easy Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats Recipe
- 💟 Easy Classic Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🍫 Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🥧 Pecan Pie Vegan Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🍌 Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- 🍓 Strawberry Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan, Healthy)
- 🍫 Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats (Vegan)
- 💙 Healthy Overnight Oats with Almond Milk and Blueberries
- 🍃 Mint Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.