One Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for perfectly moist banana bread packed with walnuts and bursting with banana flavor! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Oat Flour.
Hi, there! You wouldn’t believe this, but I just spent a good 2 minutes writing, then deleting, then re-writing a sufficient greeting. I know. I started with “ladies and gents…” but didn’t feel that was inclusive enough. Then I switched to “good morning!!” and thought about tacking on good afternoon and good night for folks in different timezones. Then, I realized that saying good night made it seem like I was farewell-ing you… which was totally the opposite of what I wanted to do.
Oy vey! Sometimes I feel like that dog in Up, one of my favorite movies. EVER! In that movie, there’s this dog named Dug. He gets easily distracted by… just about everything. But his heart’s in the right place. So… basically I’m that *ahem* “lovable” type of gal. Not dog, because that’s just kind of unflattering, ya know?
Now back to what I was saying… hi, there! Welcome to the finally-how-did-it-take-this-long-to-get here recipe post for—drumroll please—
One Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread!
Do you love it? Okay, you probably haven’t tried it yet, but I’m sure that you will! This recipe has been ages in the making. It all started out with this recipe, which started with a disaster in the kitchen, of course, and delightfully turned into something truly wonderful: a delicious chocolate quick bread with a most glorious, beautiful rise.
That amazing loaf led to these happily domed-top chocolate banana muffins. And then these miniatures. All was well until I realized that I’d been putting off a non-chocolate banana bread recipe. The thing is, I put all of this pressure on myself to create THE perfect banana bread. I wouldn’t share the recipe with you until it was ready.
- decrease the amount of added sugar
- increase the delicious flavor of bananas
- create a perfectly moist, but also thoroughly baked, center
- adjust the recipe for a beautiful lift/rise in the loaf
- create just the right texture
- keep it super simple, super easy to make
Guess what? It’s READY.
Well, at least the One Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread is ready. 😉 I shall be working on a non-nut-upgraded version in the next few months. Since that recipe won’t have a full cup of walnuts in it, I’d like to spend a bit of extra time delicately increasing the amount of banana and flour without increasing the added sugar too much. I’ll keep ya posted!
In the meantime, I hope you LOVE this delicious, Banana Bread Lover’s dream—and that it’s one you keep on hand as the ULTIMATE, go-to banana nut bread recipe! In the space of two weeks, I made 3 batches, Erik made one batch, and we ate ALL of it. WOAH. And Erik didn’t even like banana bread! Until now. 😉 If you’re still not convinced, let me tell you all about it.
My One Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread is:
- made in just one bowl (in case you weren’t listening)
- so delicious to bite into…
- bursting with rich banana nut flavor and texture
- vegan, gluten free, dairy-free, whole grain
- packed with 1 cup of walnuts
- the perfect excuse to use up your homemade oat flour (just make sure it’s ground to a fine flour)
- made especially for banana lovers
- allergy-friendly, plant-based
- refined sugar-free
- sweetened with just ¼ cup of maple syrup
- soon-to-be one of your favorite quick bread recipes of all time
- deliciously moist, perfectly baked throughout
Grab just one bowl, a huge appetite, and get ready to bake it like it’s hot. Which it totally will be. Once the oven gets warm. It’s truly a pleasure to create all the delicious treats with you. And joke around, because life’s too short not to have a bunch of good laughs. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe. 🙂 In the meantime, tell me…
What’s your favorite banana bread topping?
- Almond butter
- Nice Cream!!
- Nothing, I like it plain
- Something else…?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
More Gluten Free Vegan Bread + Muffin Recipes
- Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread Recipe
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan)
- Super Moist Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Easy Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe – Moist Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins!
- Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Looking for a nut-free banana bread recipe without almond meal? Try my Easy Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe (Vegan, Dairy-Free)
Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread (GF): a 1-bowl vegan gluten free banana bread recipe that yields perfectly moist banana bread bursting with banana flavor! Vegan, Gluten Free.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed, ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour– if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped or your favorite add-in (chocolate chips, chopped dried fruit, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped or favorite add-in
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or sturdy whisk, mash bananas until smooth. Add the rest of the wet ingredients: coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to the same bowl: oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer, with the shape of a rise down the center—just like a loaf. The loaf will bake up very similarly to how it looks raw—now is the time to shape it. Using a butter knife, cut a slit slightly off center down the loaf. Take the butter knife and go back into the slit, gently wiggling the knife back and forth to widen the slit/seam. Optionally, sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Lightly press walnuts into the top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 65 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when the loaf is done. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 2 hours. Lift out, slice and enjoy! Storing Instructions below.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Freezing Instructions: This loaf freezes well. Store in a freezer-friendly, airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan gluten free banana bread, vegan gf banana bread
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
☀︎ Delicious Banana recipes
If you enjoyed this One Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread, then you’ll just love these banana recipes…
Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread (V, GF, DF, Whole Grain)
Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins (V, GF, DF, Refined Sugar Free)
One Bowl Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (V, GF, DF, Whole Grain)
Double Chocolate Almond Banana Mini Muffins (V, GF, DF)
More Gluten Free Vegan Baking recipes…