Thick squares of pillowy soft, super moist vegan banana bread bars. Softer than banana bread, but deliciously denser than banana cake, these banana bars are a delicious balance in between.
Enjoy satisfying, cozy banana flavor with just the right amount of medium sweetness—not too sweet, not to un-sweet—for the best healthy banana bars. 😉
Soft, Super Moist Vegan Banana Bread Bars to the Breakfast Rescue!
The first thing I think about the second I wake up is what to eat. Some may call this “breakfast,” others may call it “the reason for getting up” and perhaps, “living.” Heehee. If you’re looking for a delicious reason to wake you and your loved ones up, bake a fresh batch of my soft and seriously moist vegan banana bread bars! These healthy banana bars are one of Erik’s favorites because they’re pillowy-soft, with comforting banana flavor and ultra-moist texture that just… satisfies. Ready to bake this? Let’s go!
Vegan Ingredients for Vegan Banana Bread Bars
- Ripe bananas: find the ripest bananas you can—or, grab a few and wait patiently for them to ripen to perfection. The riper the bananas, the sweeter the bars. So if you like them not so sweet, go ahead and use medium-ripe bananas. If you like your banana bread sweeter, ripen your bananas as long as you can.
- Coconut oil: you can try using melted vegan butter instead, but my preferred vegan ingredient to use is coconut oil. If I venture into using vegan butter more, I’ll try making these bars with them in the future! In the meantime, let me know if you do. 😉
- Maple syrup: one of my favorite sweeteners, pure maple syrup adds a warm, cozy sweetness that perfectly complements your banana bread bars, while keeping them vegan.
- Flax egg: you can use this vegan egg substitute or use a chia egg instead. If you don’t know how, here’s how to make a flax egg.
- Oat flour: fiber-rich and ready to rock your world with perfectly ripened bananas by its side. 😉 Oat flour and bananas go together like pb & j. You’ll find that your healthy banana bread bars are moist, just the right amount of satisfyingly dense and delicious–partly due to the wonderfully absorbent nature of oat flour.
- Blanched almond flour: this ingredient adds a light, delicate and slightly spongy texture to your healthy banana bread bars. I find that almond flour helps to add a bit of fluffiness to denser breads like banana bread.
- Walnuts: you can totally skip these, or substitute them with your favorite add-ins, like chocolate or chopped dried fruit.
How to Make Vegan Banana Bread Bars
How do you make vegan banana bread bars, anyway? Well, making these bars isn’t dissimilar to making my vegan gluten free banana bread—you just make it in a square pan and get to bake it for less time (score!!). See for yourself how easy it is:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, grab an 8-inch square baking pan. Line it with parchment paper or wax paper.
Peel your beautifully ripened bananas, then drop the bananas into a large mixing bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork, sturdy whisk, or my favorite way, using a pastry cutter. Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Now, whisk all of these wet ingredients together until it’s very well mixed.
In the same mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk the wet and dry ingredients together until they’re well-combined in a soft batter. Fold in your favorite add-ins or walnuts.
Pour your vegan banana bread bar batter into the prepared pan. Smooth it out with a clean spatula.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake, cool, slice and enjoy the best healthy banana bars! And if you’re looking for a yummy banana bread, try my Easy Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe (Vegan, Dairy-Free).
Very Delicious Vegan Banana Recipes
- Vegan Banana Cookies
- Banana Oat Muffins (Vegan)
- Moist Vegan Oat Flour Banana Bread
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread (GF)
- Best Moist Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread Coffee Cake
- Vegan Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Vegan Banana Brownies
Tools You Need
The Healthy Banana Bars Recipe to Remember
Lemme guess, you just happen to have a pile of super ripe bananas that you’ve been looking for an excuse to bake? 🙂 Don’t you love it when things like that happen? I truly can’t wait to hear what you think! Make sure to leave a comment and/or (oooh!) snap a pic and tag me at #beamingbaker on Instagram. I love hearing from you! ‘Til our next baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
💛 📸 💛
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.