quick ‘n easy healthy peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies! Bursting with delicious peanut butter and banana flavors.
Welcome to your new, soon-to-be favorite healthy peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies recipe! I mean, it’s like I knew you had ripened bananas sitting on the counter, just waiting to be made into delicious, healthy cookies…
Amiright? Or are you totally gonna head to the grocery store now, pointedly ask for a paper grocery bag, buy bananas, then head straight home, and seal those bananas into the bag until they’re nice and ripened?
(Am I totally the only one who does this? Please comment below if you have better quick banana ripening tricks!)
Regardless, I bet you’re just champing at the bit to whip up a fresh batch of peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies—extra bananas, extra peanut butter, extra oatmeal—and extra Yumtown, USA flavors.
That’s totally a place, maybe probably, and it’s totally where they serve all the fresh-baked healthy peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies, dontcha think? 😉 Without further ado, let’s get baking!
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Preheat the Oven
First things first, preheat the oven to 325°F. Then, grab a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
Mash Bananas + Add Wet Ingredients
Peel your ripened banana and add it to a large bowl. Mash the banana until it’s nice & mostly smooth! Add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk it all together.
Add the Dry Ingredients
Go ahead and add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl—yep, this is a 1-bowl recipe! 😉 Grab a rubber spatula and stir and fold it until everything’s well mixed. Fold in your favorite add-ins.
Scoop the Cookie Dough
Scoop and drop balls of your peanut butter banana oatmeal cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the cookies.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake for about 12 minutes, then cool and enjoy the best peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies!
Why Should I Make These Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies?
Reason #1: They’re so easy to make! This healthy peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies recipe is made in just one bowl.
Reason #2: If you love peanut butter banana oatmeal, you’ll love these peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies! You’ll be able to taste all three of those incredible ingredients in the most tastily balanced way.
Reason #3: These cookies are made with healthy, feel-good ingredients. Guilt-free cookies? Yes, please!
Reason #4: You can eat these cookies for dessert, a snack… or breakfast! They’re packed with delicious, filling ingredients and totally a great on-the-go treat.
Storing and Freezing Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
You can store these peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or at room temperature. I find that they’re best the first couple of days.
After cooling your oatmeal cookies, store them in a freezer-friendly container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Tools for the Best Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
My go-to cookie scoop, this guy is sturdy, lasts through 1,000s and 1,000s of scoops (I’ve broken tons of other brand cookie scoops through simple scooping). The BEST cookie scoop.
I’ve been on the hunt for high-quality cookie sheets forever. I’ve used dollar store cookie sheets that warped, $20 big brand cookie sheets that also warped and everything else in between. This cookie sheet is not only beautiful, but functional, durable and does not warp one bit. It ensures even heating & baking throughout the sheet. Bonus: I found pre-cut parchment sheets that actually fit this cookie sheet!
The best tool I’ve ever used for mashing bananas. Gets them nice and smushed without the mess and hassle of using a fork or whisk.
So, did ya love learning all about these peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies? Are you more than ready to bake a fresh batch? Let’s do it! I truly can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til the next joyful baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Recipes & More
- Vegan Banana Cookies with Peanut Butter
- Easy Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats Recipe
- Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Super Moist Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies: quick ‘n easy healthy peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies! Bursting with delicious peanut butter and banana flavors.
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons mashed, very ripe bananas (about 1 medium banana)
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar-free mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each: sugar-free mini chocolate chips and peanuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking soda and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Optionally, press toppings into the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Recipes & More
Where to Buy Ingredients: Unsalted Natural Creamy Peanut Butter | Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil | Mini Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Pure Vanilla Extract
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Best if eaten within 4-5 days.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.