Cranberry Walnut Granola (GF): my favorite grainless granola—deliciously maple-sweetened crispy, crunchy clusters with tart cranberries & satisfying walnuts! The ultimate homemade GRAIN FREE granola recipe: 10 min prep, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, No Grain Granola Recipe.
One of the things I’ll miss the most about living near my mom is the chance to surprise visit her.
My mom is the kind of person that absolutely, positively LIVES for surprises. And… side note: Erik and I’ve talked extensively & shook hands in firm agreement that we’re never to jump scare each other.
But, for my mom, completely different rules apply…
One time, Erik and I’d finished up work early and thought it’d be fun to surprise visit my mom. We got there a bit early and didn’t have much to do. So, gauging on past scares (which my mom loves), we figured it was high time to up the ante.
Learning from my sister, Jenny, that she was due home in a few minutes, we turned all the lights off and crouched behind a counter near her entryway.
After a bit of thought, we decided that wasn’t quite… enough.
So we climbedinto her bed, under the covers. (Remember, she loves jump scares and we’d never do this to each other, or none jump-scare-loving folks. I swear!)
She enters the house, humming and dancing to the tunes in her earphones.
She walks into the bedroom and starts putting her stuff down. She turns around and is about to face the bed when…
We both jump up and scream “BOO!!”
She literally jumps like 3 feet into the air and screams in Vietnamese, “What in the?!?!”
Then… she starts laughing WILDLY, like hyena-level giggles and starts wagging her finger at us, like, “You little…!!”
But she seriously has the BIGGEST grin on her face, intermittently dispersed between spontaneous giggles. She’s laughing and hugging us and tells us what a big scare we gave her, but that it was the funnest thing ever!
My mom… <3
I was just thinking about how much I’ll miss doing that. But I think we can probably arrange something when we do go visit her (and give her a later date for… surprises).
Anywho, today, in honor of my jump scare & granola-loving mama (now that’s what I call a transition), I’m sharing my favorite grain free granola recipe!
Cranberry Walnut Granola: My Favorite Grain Free Granola Recipe!
This paleo vegan granola is my favorite grain free granola recipe! Think: maple-sweetened, deliciously crispy & crunchy clusters mouthwateringly dotted with tart cranberries & satisfying walnuts. It’s the ultimate flavor combo of sweet & tart, nutty & crunchy.
How to Make this No Grain Granola Recipe
This no grain granola recipe is ridiculously easy to make. You won’t ever want to use another grain free granola recipe again! Simply stir together all ingredients. Add in maple syrup, stirring and folding until clumps form. Bake, cool and enjoy! That’s it.
Storing this Cranberry Walnut Homemade Grain Free Granola
One of my favorite things about this cranberry walnut homemade grain free granola is that it stays yummy for so long! After completely cooling, store your grain free granola in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
Best Tools for Vegan Cranberry Walnut Grainless Granola
Wondering what tools I used to make this tasty grainless granola? Click on the links below to see:
- Blanched Almond Flour – a key ingredient for paleo + grainless granola recipes!
- Coconut Sugar – my favorite refined sugar-free alternative in grain free baking.
- Baking Sheet – can you ever have enough baking sheets? 😉
- Large Coconut Flakes – one of my favorite, super large coconut flakes to use in paleo granola recipes. These flakes crisp up like no other & make for large granola clusters & chunks!
Do you like jump scares? Or perhaps you prefer granola instead of having the granola clusters scared out of you? 😉 Either way, I hope you enjoy my recipe! Thanks for stopping by & sharing in some kitchen fun with me. ‘Til the next kitchen adventure… or jump scare…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
More Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Granola Recipes
- Healthy Chunky Granola Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Homemade Chunky Paleo Granola with Clusters (Grain-Free, Paleo)
- 4 Ingredient Healthy Homemade Gluten Free Vegan Granola
- Healthy Low Calorie Granola Recipe (Low Carb, Oil-Free)
- 4 Ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Granola Recipe (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Cranberry Walnut Granola (GF): my favorite GRAINLESS granola—deliciously maple-sweetened crispy, crunchy clusters with tart cranberries & satisfying walnuts! The ultimate homemade Grain Free granola recipe: 10 min prep, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free. No Grain Granola Recipe.
Cranberry Walnut Granola
- ¾ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup assorted nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened, large coconut flakes
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour*
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients except maple syrup to a large bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Add maple syrup. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed and clusters form.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Create an even layer, while making sure to keep clusters intact. Make a few pockets throughout to let air through to crisp up granola.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, gently flip granola, making sure to keep clusters intact. Bake for an additional 4-6 minutes, until edges are a deep golden brown and granola is just slightly soft. Mine took a total of 24 minutes. Granola will crisp up while cooling.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Healthy Granola Recipes
- *You may substitute this with unblanched almond meal.
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
- I prefer using large coconut flakes in this recipe. Here’s the unsweetened coconut flakes that I use.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 14 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cranberry walnut granola recipe, homemade grain free granola recipe, no grain granola recipe, grainless granola
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.