An easy recipe for cashew butter that’s deliciously homemade! Follow step-by-step photos for creamy, smooth cashew butter.
Ever wonder how to make cashew butter? Well, it’s super easy, ready in minutes, and tastes so much better than store-bought cashew butter.
Today, I’mma keep things short and sweet so we can get straight to the homemade cashew butter tutorial—I mean, there are step-by-step photos and everything. 😉 Let’s do it.
The 1 ingredient you need
Yep, cashew butter is made with just 1 ingredient: cashews! You don’t need any oils, sugars or salt.
Some people like to add ingredients such as coconut oil or sugar to smooth out and sweeten their homemade cashew butter. But, like I said, I like it simple and delicious the way it is.
What is Cashew Butter?
Cashew butter is a nut butter that’s made with cashews. Specifically, this means cashews are ground up in a food processor or blender until smooth, creamy, and spreadable.
Because these ground cashews are spreadable, they’ve now turned into something else: cashew butter!
There is nothing quite like making your very own homemade cashew butter. It’s oddly satisfying and so deeply rewarding.
But the taste? Oh, the taste! Homemade cashew butter is extra nutty, deliciously creamy and super fresh. Love it.
How to Make Cashew Butter
Learn how to make cashew butter in just a few easy steps!
Since I often get questions like, “How do I know when it’s done?”, I’ve included photos of each stage the cashew butter goes through, so you’re not left with any doubts.
Add whole cashews to a food processor
Add whole, roasted cashews to a sturdy food processor. This is the food processor that I use to blend everything—including this recipe.
Blend cashews in the food processor until you get coarse, dry and crumbly bits of cashews with a little bit ‘o cashew “meal” in it, as it were.
Keep blending… We’ve only just made cashew meal.
As you continue to blend, your cashews will become a moist cashew meal, as cashew oil is being released through the blending process.
Then, as you blend more, a cashew “dough ball” will form. You’re so close!
Tip: Remember to periodically scrape down the sides of your food processor and give it a few breaks to avoid overheating.
From Too-Thick to Just-right Cashew Butter
In the left photo: the cashew dough has turned into a very, very thick kind of paste. But it’s still not ready. Keep going!
In the right photo: homemade cashew butter should be liquidy, mostly smooth, and simply delicious. It’s ready!
An easy recipe for cashew butter that’s deliciously homemade! Follow step-by-step photos for creamy, smooth cashew butter. | Recipe at BeamingBaker.com
Here’s a super closeup photo of the finished product. You can see some grain, but it’s mostly smooth and entirely spreadable.
How to Customize
Once you’ve mastered how to make cashew butter, feel free to get feisty and add in fun ingredients like spices, sugar and so forth.
Just make sure you add small amounts and test in small batches, as I know ingredients such as sweeteners can harden over time.
This recipe can be easily stored for up to 6 months, depending on the environment.
- To store at room temperature: keep your cashew butter out of direct sunlight & away from heat sources in an airtight container for 2-3 months.
- To store in the refrigerator: use the same container—but this time, you can keep it for 3-6 months. Woohoo!
- Food Processor – My favorite food processor, hands down. It’s so easy to use, super affordable and sturdy as heck. I’ve used my food processors (I’ve got two) hundreds of times and they’re still going strong!
- Unsalted, Roasted Cashews – Make sure to use roasted cashews when making this recipe. You can use raw cashews if you want it raw, but roasted is highly preferred.
More Easy How-To Recipes
- How to Toast Slivered Almonds
- How to Make Homemade Oat Flour
- How To Toast Coconut (Easiest Way!)
- How to Make Keto Candied Pecans
- How to Make Vegan Buttermilk
Thank you for stopping by Beaming Baker today. It’s my life’s joy and passion to share in these kitchen adventures with you. What would I do without you? ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
- 3 Ingredient Cashew Ice Cream
- Low Carb Chocolate Cashew Keto Fudge Cups
- just for fun (whole cashews!): 4 Ingredient Toasted Coconut Cashews Recipe
- Flourless Cashew Butter Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Keto Cashew Fudge
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.