No Bake Double Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (V+GF): an easy recipe for deliciously chewy double chocolate granola bars made with simple ingredients. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup natural, unsalted almond butter or preferred nut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- ½ chopped walnuts or other add-ins of your choice
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, cocoa powder, coconut, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula to stir the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, spread granola bar mixture into an even layer, pressing down until tightly packed and smooth.
- Place baking pan in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Lift bars out of the baking pan. Set onto an even surface and slice into 18 bars. Enjoy!
– Adapted from my No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free).
– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. You may also freeze these for up to a month. Thaw for 20-30 minutes before enjoying.
– Storing at room temperature: These bars will be slightly soft, but still firm at room temperature. If you’re bringing these as a snack, make sure to store them in a hard, airtight container.
– More No Bake recipes here.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: No Bake, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Snacks