Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (V+GF): An easy recipe for soft, deliciously textured cookies with oats, coconut, and LOTS of peanut butter and chocolate.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup natural, unsalted peanut butter (make sure to use naturally liquidy PB)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, coconut, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture to wet mixture. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir and fold until you get a cohesive dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop 2 tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet, spaced evenly apart. Flatten to desired shape–these cookies won’t spread too much. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift the cookies off the baking sheet and place onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool. Enjoy!
-*You may substitute coconut sugar with brown sugar.
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– Adapted from my Best Vegan Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: Vegan, Gluten Free, Cookies