Peanut Butter Energy Bars: this 4 ingredient energy bars recipe is quick ‘n easy and yields the best energy bars that taste like peanut butter cookies!
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dates, packed (about 10 medjool dates)
- ¾ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Add dates and peanut butter to a food processor. This is the food processor that I use. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive, sticky and crumbly mixture, like chunks of wet sand/dough. This will take about a minute. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Add in peanuts, vanilla and salt (if using). Blend until the peanuts are fully-incorporated and you get a soft, crumbly mixture, with a few small bits and pieces of peanuts still visible. It’s ready when you can pinch the mixture between your fingers and it holds together when you release it.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, press down and smooth into a tightly-packed, even layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes, until very firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 18 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Peanut Butter Energy Recipes We Love
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature or the refrigerator.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months in the freezer. Allow to thaw for about 15 minutes at room temperature before enjoying.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best energy bars, peanut butter energy bars