Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (V+GF): a 5 ingredient recipe for deliciously creamy vegan ice cream, exploding with coconut and chocolate chips. Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free.
- ¼ cup coconut flakes or shreds
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- Bring a skillet to medium heat. Add coconut. Stir until lightly browned and fragrant. This will take 3-5 minutes. Pour onto a plate and place in the freezer to cool.
- In the meantime, add bananas to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a crumbly texture. Add maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary. This will take a few minutes.
- Add coconut and chocolate chips to blender. Pulse just a few times to incorporate.
- If you like soft ice cream, enjoy immediately. If you want your ice cream firm and scoopable: pour into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Freeze for 4-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-15 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
– Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Before serving, allow to thaw for 5-15 minutes. Scoop and enjoy!
– For more chocolate recipes (all v+gf), try chocolate nice cream or cookie dough cups.
– More frozen dessert deliciousness (all v+gf): blueberry coconut popsicles, strawberry chia seed popsicles, chocolate pb popsicles, chocolate pb smoothies.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Ice Cream, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free