Sweet ‘n rich chocolate vegan Hershey kisses made with vegan ingredients!
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 ½ teaspoons peanut butter (optional)
- Lay Hershey kiss molds flat on a medium baking sheet. Here is where I get my Hershey kisses candy molds. Clear some space in the refrigerator for this sheet, you will need it later. Set sheet aside at room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate: Use the double boiler method to melt the vegan chocolate chips or do the following. Add chocolate chips and peanut butter (if using) to a microwave-safe bowl. The peanut butter will prevent the chocolate chips from streaking (discoloring) once in solid kiss form.
- Heat in 20-second increments until just softened and mostly melted. The chocolate will continue to melt after heating, just make sure to mostly melt it. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Make the kisses: Spoon melted chocolate mixture into a reusable piping bag, making sure to spoon toward the bottom of the bag, where the piping tip is located. This will ensure that most of the chocolate is not wasted. Once all chocolate is in the bag, twist the bag to gather all melted chocolate towards the tip, then snip off the end of the bag, if needed.
- Pipe melted chocolate carefully into each cavity of the kisses mold, until it’s filled to the top.
- Take a toothpick and poke into the tip of each Hershey kiss (the top peak), then stir the toothpick around a bit. This will pop any unwanted air bubble from forming.
- Chill to set the chocolate: Chill this sheet in the refrigerator until firm, about 40 minutes. Make sure kisses are fully firm by popping one out to test—if the tip snaps off, it’s not ready yet.
- Pop & Enjoy: Once firm, press the tip of each kiss on the candy mold until a kiss pops out. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Storing Instructions: Store kisses in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan hershey kisses