Vegan Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe: the BEST paleo chocolate chip cookies made with coconut flour. Think: chewy exterior, soft interior, bursting with melty chocolate goodness! Meet your favorite gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
Vegan Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted tahini
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Do not roll cookie dough in the palm of your hands—this will cause the dough to warm up and release too much oil, resulting in spread out cookies with unseemly crispy edges.
- With the palm of your hand, quickly flatten cookies about halfway for thicker cookies, flatten considerably for thinner cookies. If cracks form, press back together with your fingers. Dot with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack, and allow cookies to cool directly on the sheet for 15-20 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 15 minutes, as cookies are fragile. Transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Adapted from my Big Sesame Tahini Cookies (Paleo, Vegan).
Paleo Vegan Cookies You’ll Love ❤️
- Special Ingredients: Tahini | Paleo Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate Chips | Natural Almond Butter | Coconut Flour | Coconut Sugar
- Cookies are best on Day 1. Thereafter, cookies will begin to dry out due to the absorbing properties of coconut flour. Keep in a cookie tin or other container for up to 4 days at room temp, away from direct sunlight or heat.
- To Freeze: store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Before enjoying, allow to thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes, or heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Recommended Tools: Medium Cookie Scoop | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Baking Sheet
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: Healthy Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan paleo chocolate chip cookies coconut flour, best coconut flour chocolate chip cookies, gluten free