Vegan Peanut Butter Cups: just 5 ingredients for deliciously thick vegan chocolate peanut butter cups! Easy to make, whole ingredients.
Happy Saturday! And what a happy Saturday it’ll be with today’s sweet homemade vegan treat… Vegan Peanut Butter Cups!! Have you ever made these at home before? Or have you ever made them in space? J/K! 😉
When I was a little kid, one of my most hated and loved things (I was a complicated one) was peanut butter. I couldn’t stand how it stuck to the roof of your mouth, was not chocolate, made dogs thirsty, and again, was not chocolate.
But then. But then I discovered the beauty of peanut butter and chocolate together at last in one perfect, little treat: peanut butter cups. And I was hooked from then on out.
Today’s vegan peanut butter cups are so fun to make, combine peanut butter and chocolate in the tastiest way possible, and get you that delicious glimpse back into the beloved store-bought peanut butter cups of days gone.
So are you ready to make this? Let’s do it!
How to Make Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners. Make some space in the freezer for this pan—you’ll need it later.
Whisk & Freeze
Whisk together all of the peanut butter filling ingredients in a small bowl. Freeze it for about 20 minutes, until firm enough to scoop. Scoop and press about 2 teaspoons of pb filling into flat discs.
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
Drop 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Give it a tap to flatten out. Place one peanut butter disc into each cup. Drop 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate over the peanut butter filling. Again, tap the pan until even.
Chill & Enjoy
Chill until the chocolate is firm. Then, enjoy the best vegan peanut butter cups!
Recommended: 4 Ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free) // 4 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oat Bars – Vegan, Gluten Free
The 5 ingredients you need
Ingredient 1 – Unsalted, Natural Peanut Butter
Ingredient 2 – Pure Maple Syrup
Ingredient 3 – Coconut Flour
Ingredient 4 – Vegan Chocolate Chips
Ingredient 5 – Coconut Oil
In the mood for something extra special? Try using these vegan peanut butter cups to make a batch of Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Brownies!
How to Store Your Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
Store your vegan peanut butter cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 1-2 weeks. Melted chocolate can be a bit finicky, so storing them in the refrigerator or freezer is best.
You can keep your vegan peanut butter cups longer if you store them in the freezer. Whoop! Just place vegan peanut butter cups in a freezer-friendly, airtight container and tuck ‘em in the freezer for 1-2 months.
Just 5 ingredients for easy vegan peanut butter cups bursting with rich vegan chocolate peanut butter goodness.
Are you feeling like a kid again yet? Or are you an actual kid now and totally offended that I would assume otherwise? My bad!! 😉 Just know that I’m so grateful for you and for your loved ones for taking a chance on my recipe and heading into the kitchen to enjoy this yummy adventure with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Vegan Peanut Butter Recipes
- 4 Ingredient Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Vegan Banana Cookies with Peanut Butter (GF)
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Fudge Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Bites
- Ultimate Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups: just 5 ingredients for delicious vegan chocolate peanut butter cups! Easy to make, whole ingredients.
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside. Clear some space in the freezer for the muffin pan.
- Make the Peanut Butter Filling: In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut flour. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and place into the freezer for 15-20 minutes—this allows the peanut butter filling to chill and harden for easier molding.
- Remove bowl from the freezer. Scoop 2 teaspoons of peanut butter filling into your hands and press into a flat disc. Repeat until you’ve made 12 peanut butter discs.
- Make the Chocolate Coating: Use the double boiler method to melt the chocolate, or do the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 20-second increments until melted. Stir in between increments until smooth.
- Make the peanut butter cups: Drop 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Lightly tap the pan to smooth chocolate into an even layer, filling the bottom of the cup. Gently lay a peanut butter disc flat on top of the melted chocolate layer. Repeat until each cup has a peanut butter disc.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate over each peanut butter disc. Gently spread until you get an even top. If desired, create a swirl on the top of each cup.
- Place muffin pan into freezer. Freeze for 15-20 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer. Peel off cupcake liners. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes. Enjoy!
More Vegan Peanut Butter Recipes
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Be sure to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Candy, Dessert
- Method: Melt
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan peanut butter cups
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.