3 Ingredient Healthy Vegan Rice Crispy Treats (V, GF): a chewy homemade vegan rice krispy treats recipe, made with protein-rich whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Clean Eating, Healthy Snacks.
- 1/3 cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper, parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup to a microwave-safe bowl. Whisk until well mixed. Heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until warm and fragrant, and the mixture begins to dry out and caramelize (about 4-7 rounds).* Whisk in between heating increments.
- Add cereal to almond butter mixture. Stir and fold until well-incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even, very tightly packed layer.
- Chill in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove and slice into 16 square treats. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
– *Stovetop directions: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated. Stir occasionally, heating until this mixture begins to bubble.
– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 1 week.
- Category: Bars, No Bake, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Clean Eating, Healthy Snacks