Healthy Vegan Rice Crispy Treats: this 3 ingredient healthy rice krispie treats recipe is prepped in minutes! Learn how to make rice krispie treats without marshmallows.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside for later.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup to a microwave-safe bowl. Whisk until well mixed. Heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until warm and fragrant, and the mixture begins to dry out and caramelize (about 4-7 rounds). Whisk in between heating increments. *Stovetop directions in Notes.
- Add rice crisp cereal to the almond butter mixture. Stir and fold until well-incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even, very tightly packed layer.
- Chill in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove and slice into 16 square treats. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
More Healthy Vegan Treats
Where to Buy Ingredients:
*Stovetop Directions: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated. Stir occasionally, heating until this mixture begins to bubble. Pour over rice crisp cereal placed in a heatproof bowl.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for 1-3 days. Best on the 1st day.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy rice crispy treats, vegan rice krispy treats