3 Ingredient Homemade Crunch Bar Recipe (V, GF): Quick & easy DIY crispy homemade crunch bars! Made with rich, decadent chocolate and vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, greased foil or wax paper. Or, use this break-apart candy mold. Set aside at room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method, or do the following: add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium, microwave-safe bowl (large enough to add cereal later). Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melty. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Add cereal to melted chocolate. Here is the vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal I use. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, smooth into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the mixture.
- Allow to set at room temperature until firm. Or, for a quick fix, follow freezing instructions. Transfer this pan into the freezer. Freeze for 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes. Slice into 18 rectangular bars (3 rows by 6 columns). Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Also try the peppermint version: 4 Ingredient Peppermint Chocolate Crunch Bars.
More Crispy & Chocolate Recipes
- *Don’t have coconut oil? It’s totally fine to skip it!
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Chocolate Chips | Brown Rice Crisp Cereal | Coconut Oil
- Note: For pretty candy bars, try using this break-apart candy bar mold.
- Storing Instructions: store in an airtight container for 1 week (at room temperature), 1-2 weeks (in the refrigerator), up to 1 month (in the freezer). Best if stored in the refrigerator.
- Freezing Instructions: If storing in the freezer, allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Suggested Tools: Glass Mixing Bowls | Break-Apart Candy Bar Mold | My Favorite Knife
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: DIY crunch bars, homemade crunch bars, crunch bar recipe, vegan candy