An EASY recipe for chocolate crunch bars made with just 3 ingredients! Rich and decadent chocolate enrobes crispy rice cereal for a deliciously crunchy, crispy chocolate treat in the BEST homemade crunch bars! Gluten Free.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil*
- 3/4 cup rice crisp cereal
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Or, use this break-apart candy mold. Set aside at room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method, or do the following: add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium, microwave-safe bowl (large enough to add cereal later). Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melty. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Add cereal to melted chocolate. Here is the vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal I use. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, smooth into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the mixture.
- Allow to set at room temperature until firm. Or, for a quick fix, follow freezing instructions. Transfer this pan into the freezer. Freeze for 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes. Slice into 18 rectangular bars (3 rows by 6 columns). Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Also try the peppermint version: 4 Ingredient Peppermint Chocolate Crunch Bars.
More Crispy & Chocolate Recipes
*Don’t have coconut oil? It’s totally fine to skip it!
Note: For pretty candy bars with smooth edges, pour your chocolate crunch mixture into this break-apart candy bar mold.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1 week (at room temperature), 1-2 weeks (in the refrigerator), up to 1 month (in the freezer). Best if stored in the refrigerator.
Freezing Instructions: If storing in the freezer, allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate crunch bar, homemade crunch bars, gluten free