4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Bites (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for easy gluten-free no bake energy bites that taste like dessert, but are actually a healthy snack! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Yep, just 4 ingredients. I said it. Okay, alright, it’s not just 3 ingredients, or the highly questionable 2 ingredients… where folks aren’t sure whether or not that’s enough to even quality as a full-fledged recipe.
But I’m getting off track here, as per usual. These super simple peanut butter chocolate chip no bake energy bites are made with just 4 ingredients and not more. Unless you really, really want them to be. But, whyyyyyy? 😉
Ages ago, I shared a lovely, surprisingly popular 3 ingredient peanut butter no bake energy bites recipe. Readers have really loved the simplicity of the recipe, the taste, and the ease with which they’re made.
But I kept getting asked one question over and over again: can I add anything to this recipe? So here I am, answering it loud and clear: OH YES. And you’ve got to try this one.
Not only do chocolate chips pretty much make everything better, but they also make these energy bites better. No need to melt chocolate and do a pretty drizzle, no need to do anything more elaborate than just scooping out the right amount of chocolate chips and folding them straight in.
Let me tell you, they are INCREDIBLE. They taste just like peanut butter cups! Perhaps even moreso than my 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites Recipe. Yes, that was a mouthful… and then some! Those bites are made with cocoa powder and don’t resemble these at all, but also give you the chocolate and peanut butter vibes that you’re looking for. 🙂
Make a batch of these peanut butter chocolate chip no bake energy bites and also save a few to toast to my nephew, Kai. Yep, I just went ahead and squeezed that in there… We’re celebrating his very first birthday!! Woohoo!! Our little guy turned one this month, and it’s kind of hard to believe that it all happened so fast. Wasn’t it just 1 week ago that his mama called me to the hospital, telling Erik and I it was time?
⬆This is literally the best pic I could get of him. He’s in the super active phase where he squirms like crazy!!! He also just learned to stand, for like, an entire 5 seconds… so he’s got this ego like no other. Heh heh. He thinks he can be all independent and wiggle/crawl wherever he pleases. As if!
Now he’s THE most adorable baby I’ve ever seen (except for Dylan, of course) and just the little man I think of when I’m having a bad day and need a smile. I mean, look at that sweet little face!
Happy Birthday Kai!! We love you x infinity.
Now, let’s all make a batch of these super special, birthday-dedicated peanut butter chocolate chip no bake energy bites. You ready? Let’s talk about their finest points! They’re:
- made with just 4 simple ingredients
- vegan, gluten free, dairy-free
- soft, dense and oh-so satisfying
- deliciously refined sugar-free
- made with the simple, healthy, whole ingredients you know and love
- tastes just like a gluten free vegan peanut butter cup
- soon-to-be your favorite no bake energy bites or balls recipe!
- wonderfully protein-packed
- soooooo good paired with this vegan strawberry peanut butter smoothie (oh yes I did)
- dedicated to Kai, my amazing little nephew
Let’s get our no bake on! I seriously can’t wait to hear what you think of these. I’m so grateful that you’re here, sharing in these tasty ’n fun kitchen experiences with me. I truly hope your loved ones enjoy these treats! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌︎ Click below to Pin 📌︎
If you enjoyed this peanut butter chocolate chip no bake energy bites recipe, then you’ll just love these healthy vegan snack and dessert recipes:
More Gluten Free Snack & Dessert Recipes
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
- 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites
- 1 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this sheet. Set aside at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut flour. Whisk as long as you can. When the mixture gets harder to stir, use a rubber spatula to fold until well incorporated. Fold until thickened. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips. Cover bowl and freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop peanut butter balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Here are the 1-tablespoon and 2-tablespoon cookie scoops that I use. Optionally, press 2 tablespoons chocolate chips into bites.
- Transfer back to the freezer to chill for 20-30 minutes, until somewhat firm. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites and my 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
Also try my No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Very firm, but soft enough to eat straight out of the freezer.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.