Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (V, GF): chewy on the inside, crispy on the edges, and packed with rich chocolate morsels, made with whole ingredients. My favorite chocolate chip cookies! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Welcome, gather ’round, and get ready for some ridiculously GOOD vegan chocolate chip cookies!! . Why, yes, I have been waiting to use that cookie emoji for ages now. One would think I could use that all the time, but… anyway, that’s besides the point.
The point today is cookies! (I know, I totally have to stop yelling that). There’s just something about a really friggin’ good cookie that gets me all pumped up. So by now you know that I’ve already shared my oat flour chocolate chip cookies, and… my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies… and and my peanut butter cookies. But what about the beloved, classic vegan chocolate chip cookie?
Nope. And this time, I really wanted to BRING IT. This time, we’re gonna do things a little bit more indulgently, a bit more… crispy, a bit more chewy… and a bit more AWESOME. Okay, a lot more awesome. Like at least three … worth.
So are you ready for this? Allow me to introduce you to my Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. They’re so, so good. In fact, the tastiest vegan cookies ever, you might say. 😉
I started with my Healthier Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (made way back when I didn’t share exclusively gluten free recipes), then took two years of feedback from all the baked cookie recipes I’ve ever shared. Because, ya know, no bake cookie feedback really wasn’t gonna help me.
And there are a TON of cookie recipes on the blog. Here are a few, in case you’re interested:
- Ultimate Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
I read, tossed in my sleep so many nights over, and really took to heart, feedback on my Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies, and other cookie recipes. Although many of you enjoyed how soft they were, some of you wanted firmer, chewier cookies. You wanted cookies that truly resembled the junk food cookies of days past (passed?).
So I set aside my soft spot for soft cookies (heh heh), because I know you guys wanted something heartier. And I’m delivering! Figuratively speaking, of course. 😉
This vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe is everything you asked for: firmer, denser, more indulgent, just slightly chewy (don’t worry, I’m working on a chewy version as we speak), with crispy edges and just all the things you could want in a non-soft chocolate chip cookie. 🙂
Now allow me to tell you all about these vegan chocolate chip cookies’ finest points. They’re:
- slightly chewy, deliciously dense
- packed with chocolate!!
- crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside
- so delicious fresh out of the oven, and even 2 weeks later
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- just the refined sugar-free chocolate chip cookie you’ve been searching for
- made without butter, in fact, made with coconut oil
- taste wonderfully fresh-baked the second they’re warmed up again. 😉
- made with the allergy-friendly, healthy, whole ingredients you know and love
- so yummy when paired with Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- just the best vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies you’ve been searching for
Give them a try and you’ll see. These are the yummiest vegan chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had. Without the guilt. 😉 I seriously can’t wait to hear what you think! Thank you for making, sharing, and enjoying these recipes with me. It’s truly an honor to share these baking adventures with you.
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
Click below to Pin
If you enjoyed these sweet tooth satisfying Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, then you’ll just love these delicious healthy dessert recipes:
More Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Thick and Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Thin Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – 5 ways
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (V, GF): chewy on the inside, crispy on the edges, and packed with rich chocolate. My favorite chocolate chip cookies! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 1/3 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil*
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/3 modified flax egg (4 teaspoons ground flax + 4 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Add solid coconut oil* and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the sugar into the solid oil—this will take a few minutes. Cut until only small coconut oil clumps remain and the texture resembles clumpy wet sand.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients: modified flax egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until incorporated. The mixture will be wet and chunky.
- Using a hand mixer, gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl. Mix until well-incorporated and a cohesive dough forms. Don’t worry about the small clumps of solid coconut oil—this is expected. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Optionally, press chocolate chips onto the top of cookies. Bake 8-12 minutes. Mine took 10 minutes. After removing from the oven, give the baking sheet a few light taps to flatten the cookies to perfection.
- Transfer baking sheet to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Afterward, use a heatproof spatula to transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack for to finish cooling. Enjoy!
*Helpful hints with coconut oil: If your coconut oil is liquidy, do the following: line a small bowl with plastic wrap. Pour measured amount of coconut oil into bowl, directly over the plastic wrap—this will help you easily remove it later. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. Keep a close eye on the coconut oil—you want it to be solid, but just slightly soft enough for cutting. Once it’s solid, lift the plastic wrap out of the bowl and dump the coconut oil into your mixing bowl.
More Gluten Free Vegan Cookie recipes: Easy Peanut Butter Cookies, 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Shop The Recipe
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.