The BEST vegan chocolate ice cream recipe—rich ‘n creamy, unbelievable deep chocolate flavor and made with simple, whole ingredients. Deliciously decadent and guilt-free vegan chocolate ice cream. Dairy-Free.
- The day before, freeze the freezer bowl according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Blend together all ingredients in a food processor. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed. Blend until smooth and well mixed.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker. Follow directions for making ice cream according to ice cream maker’s directions.
- Enjoy immediately if you like super soft ice cream. If you like firmer ice cream, pour into an ice cream container and freeze for 2-4 hours, until firm.
- Chocolate vegan ice cream is best the first day, but still good on later days. On Day 2 and forward, set ice cream out at room temperature to thaw for 20-90 minutes, until creamy and scoopable. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly ice cream container, such as this one. If serving after completely frozen, allow about 20-90 minutes to thaw—until creamy and scoopable.
For Quick Thaw: heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until the edges are a bit melty and ice cream is easy to scoop.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate ice cream