Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream Recipe: this delicious vegan ice cream recipe is deliciously rich ‘n creamy! The best homemade vegan ice cream—packed with coconut & chocolate chips, no churn.
- Add bananas to a food processor. Here is the food processor I use. Blend until crumbly.
- Add coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla, blending until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add coconut & chocolate**, blending until just incorporated (2-4 pulses).
- If you like super soft, melty ice cream, enjoy immediately. If you want your ice cream firm and scoopable: pour into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-15 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
Here is the food processor I use to make this ice cream!
*You can use canned coconut cream, or do the following: Allow a can of full-fat coconut milk to settle for 1-3 days—set it in a stable, cool environment. Open the can and scoop the firm, creamy white part off the top—this is the coconut cream. The translucent liquid is coconut juice.
**For delicate chocolate flakes: add chocolate chips to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until melted. Stir in between increments, until smooth. Scrape melted chocolate into the blender. Pulse a few times to combine. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
Storing Instructions: Keep in the freezer-friendly container, in the freezer for 3-5 days. Best on the first day, still good in the first 3 days. Okay through Day 5.
Nutrition Information is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 10 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: about 1/4 cup
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: vegan ice cream recipe, homemade vegan ice cream, vegan ice cream