Dark Chocolate Nice Cream Recipe: my favorite nice cream recipe—rich ‘n creamy chocolate nice cream, made with just 4 simple, whole ingredients.
- 4 medium or large bananas, frozen
- 1–2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder*
- Add bananas to a food processor (preferred) or blender. Blend until bananas turn into a crumbly mixture.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bin as necessary. This will take a few minutes.
- When you get a smooth, creamy mixture, it’s time to add the cacao powder. Add the cacao powder and blend until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bin as needed.
- Enjoy immediately if you like super soft ice cream. If you like firmer ice cream, pour into a freezer-friendly container like this ice cream tub, and chill for 3-6 hours or until firm. Then, scoop and enjoy. Storing instructions in the notes.
Vegan Nice Cream Recipes
Freezer Door Ice Cream ContainerBuy Now →
*If you prefer less dark, milkier chocolate nice cream, leave out 1 tablespoon of cacao powder.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Before serving, allow to thaw for about 10 minutes. Scoop and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nice cream, chocolate nice cream, banana nice cream