Salted Flourless Cashew Butter Cookies (V, GF): this vegan cashew butter cookies recipe creates soft, decadent flourless cashew butter cookies packed with chocolate & sea salt! Paleo, Dairy-Free, Plant-Based.
- 1 cup unsalted creamy, natural cashew butter or homemade cashew butter
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Dot cookies with chocolate chips. Using a spoon, press down on cookie to flatten. Cookies will spread a bit. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack, and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 20 minutes, as cookies are very soft and fragile. Then, if desired, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool until completely cooled. If desired, sprinkle with more sea salt. After cooling, cookies will be firm, but still fragile and melt-in-your-mouth. Handle with care. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Vegan Cookies You’ll Love
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Cashew Butter | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Sugar Free Chocolate Chips | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Coconut Sugar
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Cookies become super soft and fragile on Day Two. If making for a party, make and serve day of.
- Recommended Tools: Small or Medium Cookie Scoop | Cooling Rack | Baking Sheet | Unbleached Parchment Paper
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American