Gluten Free Apple Crisp Recipe: delicious gluten free apple crisp with super easy, crisp topping and perfectly spiced, warm, gooey apple filling.
Gluten Free Apple Crisp Filling
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons water (optional)
Gluten Free Crisp Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with coconut oil. Here is the Red 8-inch Square Porcelain Baking Pan that I used. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all Apple Crisp Filling ingredients: apples, coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until apples are fully coated and sugar has mostly dissolved. If your mixture isn’t very wet, add in water—you’ll want to see 1-2 tablespoons liquid at the bottom of your mixing bowl. I used 1 ½ tablespoons water in mine.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Use the spatula to smooth apples into an even layer.
- Add all Crisp Topping ingredients to a small/medium bowl. Using a fork, stir and fold until clusters form. Gently spoon evenly over apples, making sure to keep clusters intact.
- Bake for 40-55 minutes. Mine took 47 minutes. It’s done when the topping is a deep golden brown and the juice around the filling has thickened. To test, use a spoon to carefully lift up a corner of the crisp to see the juices. If it’s still watery, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 mins. Serve warm with a scoop with dairy-free ice cream on top. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Gluten Free Fall Recipes
Storing Instructions: Best served fresh. If storing is needed: cover with foil, or transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free apple crisp